Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tax return coming! GAS building! Fender Bassman 60?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by badboris, Mar 31, 2001.

1. badboris

badboris

Dec 26, 2000
    I will soon have the means to purchase a new amp and have been looking at the B-man 60, I like the tilt back cab and overall looks but don't know much about it's performance or reliability. I only play for my own amusement at home or friends small jam sessions[garage or basement] so I don't need earth shaking power, but want to rattle the windows a little. My bass is a Fender P special.
    Does anyone have any personal experience with this amp?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Coincidentally, I stopped into the Mission Viejo GC today, and decided to try a nice Yamaha 5-string (a TRB5II, I think) they had hanging on the wall. I plugged into a Fender Bassman 115 combo, a 60, I think, because it had the cord zip-tied to it. The bass and the amp actually sounded very good together ... I was surprised. I found myself sounding exactly like my idol, Nathan East. Maybe I'll get the Yamaha instead of the Sadowsky.

3. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I know that Michael Jewels owns a Fender Bassman 60 amp. If he doesn't reply to this post, drop him a line-he's a good guy, and I'm sure he can answer any questions you might have. Hope this helped.
    Peace.