tax return coming! GAS building! Fender Bassman 60?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by badboris, Mar 31, 2001.

1. badboris

Dec 26, 2000
    I will soon have the means to purchase a new amp and have been looking at the B-man 60, I like the tilt back cab and overall looks but don't know much about it's performance or reliability. I only play for my own amusement at home or friends small jam sessions[garage or basement] so I don't need earth shaking power, but want to rattle the windows a little. My bass is a Fender P special.
    Does anyone have any personal experience with this amp?
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Coincidentally, I stopped into the Mission Viejo GC today, and decided to try a nice Yamaha 5-string (a TRB5II, I think) they had hanging on the wall. I plugged into a Fender Bassman 115 combo, a 60, I think, because it had the cord zip-tied to it. The bass and the amp actually sounded very good together ... I was surprised. I found myself sounding exactly like my idol, Nathan East. Maybe I'll get the Yamaha instead of the Sadowsky.
  3. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I know that Michael Jewels owns a Fender Bassman 60 amp. If he doesn't reply to this post, drop him a line-he's a good guy, and I'm sure he can answer any questions you might have. Hope this helped.