Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tax return = new gear

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by diljoel, Feb 8, 2006.

1. diljoel

diljoel

Jul 29, 2005
    I've seen people talking about what they are going to spend their tax returns on in other threads, so why not start a thread about it. What's everyone buying? I pick up my new spector euro tomorrow as some as that money hits my account.:bassist:

2. Col Pruse

Col Pruse Supporting Member

May 28, 2003
    Savannah, GA
    I picked up a g&l l-2000 tribute. couldn't put it down at the store. The lady working came over and made me let some other guy try it out. Apparently they only had one amp to play out of.

Also grabbed an SX 75 jazz in natural ash to mess around with.

tax return = gone

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Holy lord I have no idea what I'm gonna finally decide on. Any combination of getting a...

Sansamp Programmable Bddi
    Tech 21 Flange, Verb, or Echo Park
    Sell some of my stuff, add cash, and get an Eden Navigator
    Sell my poweramp, add cash, get a lghter poweramp.
    But some recording gear

Heck I don't know it changes about every other hour when I find a sweet deal on something.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I might do the intelligent thing and save for a car, or I might buy a Maxon AF-9. :p

5. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Man, for my wife and I tax return means paying off credit cards, but.....

I have every intention of sneaking a bart NTMB or lakland pre for my 55-01 in there.;)

6. stevie5150

stevie5150

Feb 5, 2006
    I bought a Geddy Lee Jazz, only 17% used.

7. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hey there. Is this a hotter pre, more control or something. I have a 55-01 myself. What I would really dig is something hotter, (SD Basslines?), and a mid range with a mid range frequencey adjust!

8. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Last year we paid off Curcuit City, Art Van and our bank loan with our refund but this year we have a new baby and we bought a house so we should get even more of a refund. I hope to get some Mackie powered 18's for the PA.

9. I'm going on three years of marriage, and have a little one on the way this March. We have no credit debt,(besides our house), but at the rate things are going in the world, we'll need to save all we can for gasoline and our little ones college tuition. By the time he's ready, it'll probably be a small fortune to go to school.

But maybe my wife will let me take a little off the top. But I doubt it.:)

10. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    I'm getting $20 back, so I might buy a set of strings. :D

11. I was planning on saving it all, but after playing a Fender Jazz 24, I'm afraid I might have to, well, not save it. :)

12. It's funny you bring this up. I've been trying to decide for like 4 months now!!! Anyway it came down to either getting a new amp (Ampeg SVT CL) or a new bass (I was thinking maybe a Geddy Lee Fender Jazz) but then I had to go and play around with a MM SR5 LTD. And well, I fell in love with it and traded my Ibanez SR505 for a down payment. Now I've got to figure out how I can get the bass and still somehow manage to upgrade my amp.:meh:

Spector you say, I've got a Euro 4 and I think it's one of the greatest basses I've ever played. You'll love it.:D

Oh and to thehurlatron; The only way I'm getting away with anything is because I told my wife WE could take a little bit off the top and split it. She went for that idea.:rollno:

13. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Credit Card reduction
    Baby stuff

14. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Be happy you guys get a bit back

Minumum wage = about 4 grand that I've gotten from work this year.

About 10% was taken for taxes...and out of what they took (about 400) i got back...about 23 bucks.

I guess its going toreward my next bass...

15. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    i'm getting a new rig with my return..

16. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I owe them money.

17. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Corvette parts.

18. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    I also owe them $$.:bawl:

19. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I'm trying to decide if I want to buy an Eden CXC410 or a new head. Still unsure. I have the money now, just don't know what to get.....Looking into the Eden CXC410, Ampeg B5R head and keeping my mind open to others. I either need a combo/head and cab OR a head that can drive 2ohms. any suggestions? To me Reliability and long life are more important than tone but I'd like both

20. JazzBassMayn

JazzBassMayn

Dec 10, 2005
    Oregon, OH
    I'm hoping to get an Avatar 210 to go on top of my 212. But I'll probably do the responsible thing and pay off some bills.