1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tax return time! What to buy?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CrispyDelicious, Apr 15, 2009.

1. So what's everyone going to do with their tax return? Screw paying bills, Tax Return Day is New Toy Day!

I need an octave, so I'm thinking mirco POG. But I've been G.A.S.sing big time for a Glitch Computer, or Robotalk... something uber-wierd and crazy...

What's on your menu?

2. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    Vista, CA
    I ended up ordering a new cab for some reason. I probably should have bought a filter or two instead.

3. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    buy stock in me so i can pay my taxes

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    I'm buying a new rig. I'd like to get something lightweight for small to medium sized venues (Markbass maybe?) but I'm also seriously considering a Carvin B1500 and an ACME Low B4 for a dub rig.

Maybe I'll do both.

Oh, and as far as effects - I'm thinking of a setting up a dedicated board for a little fretless/vocals project. I've got a couple pedals, but I'm likely going to grab a Compulator and a Dr. Scientist Reverb.

5. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    That's a refund. A tax "return" is the document you file to declare your taxable income.

6. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    I'll be paying off car insurance, which will leave some other money... probably maybe buy some new shoes and some books, and keep the rest to hold me over until I am employed.

7. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    I had to pay in - a lot. Does that mean I have to sell something? (No, I don't intend to ask my wife that question!)

8. Kooldac

Kooldac

Oct 20, 2008
    Arizona
    Technically self-employed so I have to pay a hefty amount. However, I oversaved so got about 600 to go towards a new EBMM Sterling. At least thats the plan...

9. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I'm currently talking with Brian at small sound/big sound about getting a Team_Awesome Fuzzmachine. That is what I plan on spending my tax return money on.

10. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I got some socks.

11. ableton and max/msp....
    and i'll be buying that analog delay

12. Kooldac

Kooldac

Oct 20, 2008
    Arizona
    Ouch, that much huh?

13. I want to take all of it and have Alan at ACG start the bass I'm G.A.S.ing for but I think the wife will have something to say about it, unfortunately. If we split it, I'm thinking about finding an American Fender to buy and start wearing out. There is a jazz deluxe 5 string in the classifieds that I'm eying...

14. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    wow, everybody in the effects forum is GASing for a rig. It's the end of an era!

15. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    I'm wanting the stackable Washer/Dryer set up that Geddy Lee has so I can not only sound just like him, put have the same stage vibe... I was thinking about having plastic surgery so I can look like him and record every lead vocal he ever did instead of ever speaking again; I'll press play when someone talks to me. I don't care about having my own sound; style; image, etc... I wanna be Geddy Lee not just have his tone... I am he and he is me... Yes!!!!

NOT!

16. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    i'd think twice about wanting to actually LOOK like Geddy

17. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Will buy a Wilson Wah with part of the refund.
    The rest is going towards a 383 stroker for my 69 Impala. :bag:

18. Heh heh. I'm just finishing up a few emails with Mr. Wilson as well. 12 stage stock spec bass Q w/LED in the works. :)

19. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    You're gonna love the 12 pos Q Wah! I certainly love mine! :D

As far as what I have my sights set on, one way or another I'm going to get a Sansamp VT Bass or a Subdecay Prometheus, and a Catalinbread Semaphore or a Copilot Gyroscope (either/or because they will both fit in the two spaces that I want to fill on the board ;)). I'm also looking into some guitar things (Please don't kill me! :atoz:) like a Tremol-no (converts full floating trem to drop only or hardtail) and I have been wanting to try some V-Picks. Someone buy my things so I can afford all of this in addition to the meager tax refund I'm getting! :D

20. My refund mostly went to pay off credit cards, but I was able to siphon off a few hundred for this baby, and this one.
    Review coming on the XP-1000, and it will have to be a multiparter, since there are so damn many modes in this thing. But my very early take on it is that the Whammy modes are pretty damn good (and this is coming from someone who used to own a Bass Whammy), and the Space Station modes are INCREDIBLE