1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Taylor Dreadnaught FT/FS (local NC)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by jimmy rocket, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    I bought this a year and a half ago and it is in excellent condition, but I have since found my acoustic home on a Martin, so I thought I'd put this out there as a trade offer.

I'm posting this up here to see if anyone would be interested in a fairly specific trade. I'm looking to possibly trade this for a Gibson faded Les Paul Studio. I had one and sold it and I've regretted it ever since. ( + A few other ideas below)

This Taylor 110 is a great player, in like new condition, and it comes equipped with a Fishman rare earth humbucking pickup installed. You can read about the pickup here Rare Earth Humbucking - Fishman Transducers, Inc.

Sounds great. Big full dreadnaught sound, but like I said I've got a Martin OM that fills my acoustic needs, so this one has essentially been sitting for the past few months.

Comes with the Taylor gig bag that is standard with this model.

6732859481_e774b8c678_z.

6732859885_1511b61583_z.

6732860349_0765ce1016_z.

6732861043_19afc604b2_z.

I don't have any good way to ship this that I would be comfortable with, so I'd like to keep this local. All Les Pauls considered for trades. I'll also take a look at SG faded models if you have one and Epiphone Sheratons as well.

Straight sale for [DEL]$600[/DEL] $575

2. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    I can add a little cash for the right trade. Les Paul models still top the list! :)

3. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    price drop - $575

4. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    $550?

5. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    What's that you say? You want this but you don't have $550 flying around?

Well, you might have a low wattage tube amp and a couple hundred in your pocket, or something like that, and if so you should talk to me ;)

Also, just because I slept last night and I'm in a good mood, I'm putting this down to $500 local if you hit me up today.

6. Firesalt

Firesalt Is good enough. Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Jimmy, your sales posts are always the most entertaining. Best of luck, bud. :)

7. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Thanks brother, I like to keep it light. ;)

On that note I wanted to highlight the versatility of this beauty. Good for all around acoustic performance it can drop panties on a Saturday night or hammer out praise music on a Sunday morning. You can even dress it up for corporate gigs...

6801791749_dab743ca01_z.

This Taylor is an all around winner. I picked it out of a wall of Taylors (including some 210s) because it outplayed them all and sounded bigger and warmer while still nailing that "articulate" thing that Taylors do so well. It's hard to put that in a for sale ad, but it's the truth.

I have almost $800 into this, so $500 is a steal for this guitar with the Fishman pup. I chose the sound-hole pickup over the 110ce model because I wanted the full dreadnaught body, and the addition of the rare earth humbucker puts this a class above the average undersaddle piezo.

8. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Changing tack here and I'm keeping the Taylor. I am, however, going to be selling the pickup.

closing thread - making a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.