Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tb advertisement messup?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by karrot-x, May 12, 2005.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Did you buy a J-Retro from the Dude?

-Mike

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Heh, no I bought it from bestbassgear.com. I also bought pickups from them, pickups came today and the J-retro should be here tomorrow. I checked the dudes j-retro forum for tips and tricks on installing the j-retro, even posted in one of your threads :).

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    You just wanted to show off how smooth you are with the chicks on AIM... but then you lost me with your Nonpoint MP3s... :spit: :D

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Heh no, just wanted to make sure that it's a tb mistake and not something with firefox? I don't see how it would be but since this has never happend before, gotta way both sides.

6. Maybe Firefox is just using an advertisement from cache, which would explain why it's out of place.

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    ...triple-monitor setup? Swank. I'd love to use doubles, but I can't fit another CRT on this desk, and LCDs are SO expensive.

8. Doing the same with Firefox here. IE is ok. Too bad, I'm really beginning to hate IE after using Firefox so much.

edit: Cleared the Firefox cache as all is right with the world again.

9. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    My IE is messing it up.

So it's not just Firefox.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Right on man. I love mine to death. If you need any more help installing it, let me know. I'd be glad to help however I can.

-Mike

11. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Thanks :), I need to find another two pin cable, the j-retro should be here today. I just have one question about wiring the pickups. They are Dimarzio Ultra Jazz and I'm guessing that you wire the necks black wire to the bridges white, and the bridges black wire to the necks white?

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hmmmm....I wired my pickups directly to the J-Retro.

Stop by a computer repair shop if you have one by you. They will certainly have the connectors. I can send you a few, but you won't get them until late next week.

Oh yeah.....my screen was doing the same thing for a while this morning. I had the long THG knobs ad on the left side of my screen.

-Mike

13. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Same thing is happening to me too. Prolly just someone entered a wide advertisement into the ad rotation.