1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TB Atlanta: Check in time!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Sunday!, Sunday!, Sunday! Top fuel, Funny Cars, and the crammin' jammin' door slammin' Pro Stocks at Centerville Raceway! Gates open at 12:00 noon with racin' until the smoke clears. You gotta purchase the whole seat but you're only gonna use the EDGE!!!

Y'all like my creative use of reverb on that? :)

I've got room for 2 but that's only on Sunday night. Who's drivin' up with who because Saturday night, the family needs the place to ourselves to get ready. Casanova and Brendan have spoken for these slots if all works out. If you guys are gonna get here on Saturday, we'll have to find you someplace to put you up. Any volunteers?

I'm also looking for a pair of PA cabinets that I won't have to rent. I still have to get with Dan over at Galaxy but if one of you locals has a pair that we could use for just vocals that would be a real find. I have a commitment from another store for a system but I don't really want to have to spend money ;)

I've got just about all of the electrical cables required. If you locals want to bring your gig boxes as backup that's OK by me. I'm still not sure on weather so I haven't made final plans on where we are going to put the bandstand. I'm gettin' with JT tonight about some of this so things might get clearer later on tonight.

The food post will follow shortly...

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ja. Volunteers would be nice. I mean, I can sleep in cars with the best of em, but hey, I can provide my own bedding and whatnot, so I won't even take up a couch or a bed. Just a bit of space on the floor. Any takers?

:)

3. Here's a quick schedule for time management. This will depend on weather but it should keep things moving:

12:00 - 2:00 Load In/Setup
    2:00 - 5:00 Meet, greet, tell lies, jam
    5:00 - 7:00 Food!
    7:00 - ? More lies, chopfest, ogle & paw

And here's the basic grub lineup along with what I would like to add to it:

Marinated Beer Butt Chickens
    Roasted Corn on the Cob
    Sweet Potato Souffle'
    Brownies
    Tea
    Soft Drinks

Now for the other items. I'll put the list here and as you contact me through PM, email or phone, I'll update what's been taken so that we won't have a bunch of duplications. Here's the list. Assume that the portions should cover about 12-18 folks:

Green Salad
    Pasta Salad
    Bread or Rolls
    Vegetable
    Dessert - covered by Stingrayguy
    Crunchy type munchie 1 - covered by Muggsy
    Crunchy type munchie 2
    Finger food 1
    Finger food 2
    Dip 1
    Dip 2

Dinner Plates (we've got the rest)
    4 bags of ice
    1 larger type cooler - covered by Stachio
    Folding chairs (4 - 6) - covered by Xush

Of course, if you want to bring something personal or extra that's fine too. I figure that dinner will be on the board between 5:30 and 6:00 so if you are bringing something for the spread you'll need to get it here sometime earlier.

That's enough for now!

4. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    NHRA?

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    sorry hammy, i missed your call. if we played somewhere between 2 and 5 that would be great, i think. we're going to go for about an hour.

6. BUMP

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    BUMP for volunteers for floor space accomodation.

8. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i will give the list to mrs.stingray tonight to see which things we can bring. sorry i aint got no (yes i did that on purpose) floor to give brother!

9. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    still trying to work it in the budget, i wont know untill sept 12 or 13th. sorry that i cant give notice sooner.

10. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I will be there. The Boss said I can come, she won't be able to make it though. Looking forward to putting faces to some of you characters! (or not?):D

Anything I need to bring, let me know.
    Larry

11. Just look back in the thread and pick something from the list - email or pm me with your choice and I'll cross it off. If you are bringing food, just make sure you can get there early enough so that it can be eaten!

12. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Any luthiers in the house this time as well. I'd like to get my hands on some more Eshenbaugh (the basses that is :) ). Speaking of which : too bad you can't make it Woodchuck...

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    Hey hammy... my wife wants to get a big birthday type cake with the talkbass logo. will that classify as a dessert? and i will grab ice and such too on the way to your crib. also whatever isnt covered when i get ready to pack up the santa fe and head that way i will try to pick up what i can. hey woody do you NEED to try the sadowsky pre amp for the studio's sake? let me know.

14. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    well, that makes 2 Sante Fe's that'll be there...
    I'm just hoping we can pack everything in ours.

I'll be bringing the neon blue folding chairs. Seems appropriate what with our blue-ish TB motif here.

Will there be any Aggie gear? I was hoping to meet a DB750; are there any still in the neighborhood?

15. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    do i need to bring my sm400s? is SWR well represented. i hope you will excuse me for not offering to bring my cab but it just aint happenin!lol too dang heavy

16. Anyone that needs a map to the joint just email me so that I can return it with an attachment. The map represents the east side of Atlanta (for you out-of-towners). If you can get there, you can follow the map the rest of the way.

Still looking for someone to volunteer to have a flat place for a couple of vagabond bassists to sleep for Saturday night. I've got Sunday night covered for both and they won't even have to sleep on the floor!

Also, do any of you locals have access to a pair of PA cabs - single 15/horn would be perfect. We need them for Lord Only's vocals. I've got tripod stands to keep them off the floor/ground if that's a concern. If transportation is a prob, I've got that covered too. Just let me know how we can arrange it.

Thanx

17. ....well....

....sigh....

....as was said in another thread (AAARRRGGHHH!!!), it looks as if I have to "check out", and will be removing both Brendan & Cass from the roll call as well (unless they find alternate transportation). :(

I'm working on convincing the Mrs. to wake up reeeeeeellllllyyyyyy early on Sunday to make the drive and get to Hot'lanta by 12ish (like 6-7 am! :eek: ), but not getting what I'd call a very positive reaction to the idea. I'll have to rely upon her good graces for the trip if it's going to happen, as I've got a gig on Saturday night and won't be done and home until ~2am.

18. muggsy

muggsy

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I'll be there with four basses (walnut Precision Special, Epiphone Jack Casady, MM Sterling fretless, and a Jazz to be named later) plus my new Ashdown ABM300. I'm not gonna bring a cab since I figure we'll have enough of those. Looking forward to it!

19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pooh. That means I'm out. :mad: :(

This sucks more than anything has sucked in very recent memory.

20. Dude....I feel awful about this....I'm so sorry that it happened. :(