Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB Atlanta Countdown Updates

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hambone, Sep 14, 2002.

1. We are a go for tommorrow!

All of the outdoor stuff other than the cooking and sitting and eating has pretty much been washed downstream. Swimming is still possible however.

For folks with gear - Use the side drive to load into the house, then park across the creek. The area we parked on last time is real soggy and cars will get stuck.

Preparations are still continuing here and will until late tonight. I'll keep you posted on how things are proceeding.

Weather should be the worst tonight and tapering off before morning. Weather Channel has it as partly sunny for tommorrow.

Keep an eye here for the latest...

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I just talked to Curbow, and he's not going to be able to make it, unfortunately. He said, "Maybe you guys should have one around XMas and make it a holiday party. I'll make sure I can go to the next one." Dave and I will do some pretty serious Curbow representin', though. :D

I've got all my stuff to bring (including a Peavey) ready to go, so Dave and I will see you guys tomorrow!

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Mrs. G and me are planning on leaving Orlando between 6 and 7 am tomorrow morning, should put us there between 1 and 2 pm. Hammy, if there are any specific things you need us to bring that haven't been covered so far, please PM me and let me know. Also, if you could - I'd appreciate it if you'd PM me your addy and phone #. I had a map and whatnot before, but can't seem to find it presently.

Looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow!!!

:D

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    *Roseanne Rosannadanna voice - ON*

...neeeeevermind....

*Roseanne Rosannadanna voice - OFF*

.....just tracked the map from the last shindig down, so don't bother sending anything Hammy!

:D

I'll check in in the morning to see if anything else is needed as far as foods & stuff. The videocamera and tripod are packed already!

Smile y'all are on Candid Camera, TB-style!!!!!

:eek:

;)

5. Gard, You've got mail!

6. 9:45 - Boy is it wet here!! Things are shaping up well.

If you don't have directions (Like I didn't offer them 2 weeks ago! :rolleyes: ) you've got to email me directly so that I can make the map an attachment.

Reminder about parking - Load in from either of the 2 house driveways - front or side - then park on the other side of the stream. We've got umbrella's but if you bring yer own that'd be wise.

Seating is going to be tight (Some chairs were to come with a member who now isn't).