TB Atlanta March 8 -- who's bringing what?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by muggsy, Feb 24, 2003.

1. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    OK, in a feeble attempt to bring some sort of organization to this upcoming event, here's a list of stuff we'll probably need. Please post here if you can take responsibility for anything on the list. I want to keep it simple on the food front, because my kitchen isn't very big and I think we'll be fine with snacks and drinks until we're ready to order dinner. We'll probably get started around 1:00, and we can go till it's time to hit the Somber Reptile for JT's gig.

I'll provide soft drinks, plastic cups, paper plates, and napkins

We'll have three rigs (mine plus Bassmonkeee and Soybase are bringing theirs) which is plenty

We need:
    3-4 bags of ice - I have a cooler to put it in

Chips, pretzels, etc.

Folding chairs - probably need 6 to be safe

Instrument stands (we'll have plenty if those who posted in the other thread and said they could bring stands come through).

Name tags

Beer, if anybody other than me wants to drink some. The last couple of these have been decidedly non-alcoholic affairs, which is fine, but since I don't have to drive to get to this one I'll probably have a couple. I have a few in my fridge, but if anybody wants to join me, we could probably use a 12-pack.

That's about all I can think of, except for lots of basses. No need to list them here, but the more the merrier. PM me if you need directions.
  2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    i'll bring the ice. i had an extra stand but my roomate lost half of it when she took one of my rooms.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I can swing a few chairs (lemme check to see just how many), some munchables, and a stand.

I might be able to rustle up some nametags, due to my mom being a teacher (supply room, here I come... :D)
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i just want to add that i really love all you guys for coming out to support us that night, and i hope i don't let you guys down. :D

i'll be bringing my basses, btw, and enough stands for them.

thanks for hosting this thing, muggsy, btw.
  5. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    I wish I could go. I hope someone will have a camera handy.
  6. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    you bringing the van i guess?
  7. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    Is there going to be an age issue?

I mean if you don't want teen's showing up just say so.
  8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm 19 and I'll be showing up, so I'm not sure they really mind.

I can bring probably about two dozen stands, and I'll look for the two folding chairs. Did you check on local hotels, Muggs? And yes, thank you very much for hosting this!

I'll also bring the digicam and hopefully I can find the camcorder.

JT...what will the cover be at the Somber Reptile? You did say it was All Ages or 18+, right? I need to know how much cash to bring and how much to charge.
  9. I'll cover a couple of chairs

I might have a new bass finished by then so that's all I'm bringing. I'll have a double rack available for use.

I can also cover the name tags for sure - Brendan, leave the others for the school system!
  10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    You forgot to mention the snake wine....you ARE bringing the snakewine, right?!? :bassist:

So, is the plan to order some pizza at some point, or something? I'll bring some soft drinks with me, too.

Oh, and I'll give everyone who comes to my gig Friday night a cookie. :D
  11. I'll bring a 12 pack and some chips. Did someone say snakewine! :eek:
    Where are you playing Friday? Is that this Friday? I sure could use a cookie :D
    I will also try to bring my camera again. For those interested, I still have the pictures from the one before last on my website. Pictures of Atlanta TB get together
  12. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Yeah, that's the plan. Fellini's Pizza is right up the street and there are plenty of other take-out and delivery options close by.
  13. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Are we Brits invited too? ;)

What ecactly is it thats happening by the way, is it a large meeting organised by muggsy of TB forumites? What happens at the meetings, is it a communal event with lots of bass playing then food+drink?

Are the name tags for equipment, chairs etc, or to label people with eg if I was there I'd walk round with a 'yoshi' sticker on my face?

We need one in the UK, yorkshire area :p I was 18 a few months ago so I'm able to go even if an age limits present.
  14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'm down for one of Bassmonkeee's cookies!

I'm bringing three single stands of various configurations, a Rockstand 5 stand, several interesting and articulate instruments that have made the trip before...and who knows what else I may be able to wheedle out of Bass Central with a "weekend pass"

Muggsy, I will be happy to pitch in with any last minute necessities for food/drink/etc, just let me know on Friday night/Saturday morning.

...oh, and I'll once again pass on the snakewine! :eek: :spit:
  15. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    what evers left i an swing by the mighty kroger and pick up once i am in town. yo gard, when you gettin in town. me and the stingray-baby-momma will be there early afternoon on friday. jason see you friday night. also could you guys that are playing this weekend give us addresses for the clubs, age limits and cover charges please!
  16. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    We have actually had two TB UK get togethers. A group of us met up for pizza and then saw Steve Lawson and Michael Manring at the bass centre in Nov. The second one was in Jan when Tsal (tony) came over from Finland and 3 TBUK'ers took him around London bass shops and a noodle bar in Leicester Square.

IMHO the Atlanta get togethers work because there are enough people in Atlanta to make it work. With the UK lot, London seems to be the best place (most of us travel a bit to get there).
  17. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yeah, I'll be happy to run out and get stuff day-of-gettogether, too.

The place I'm playing on Friday, March 7th is all ages, and no cover. Great menu and drink selections, too.

The website is www.birdisonthesquare.com

And, it has the address and a map, too.
  18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Ditto for me, early afternoon Friday is my ETA in Hot'lanta. Planning on trying to get into Decatur to my crash pad (aka Casa de Siff - THANKS Dave & Renae!!! :D) before the afternoon insanity commences on the highways & byways of that fair city.

Sadly, due to circumstances beyond my control, Mrs. Gard-baby-momma will not be attending this time. It's a damn shame too, cuz she had a wonderful time last trip. Well, if everyone crossed their fingers, chants in unison, and thinks happy thoughts, maybe she'll make the next one.

Really lookin' forward to the whole thing: bassmonkeee's gig, the get-together, and JT's gig...

19. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    may be we can all caravan to jasons gig?