TB Battle of the Bands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lildrgn, Dec 4, 2002.

1. lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Off the top of my head, I can name these bands with TB members:

The Nerves
    and my band, Ethyl

Of course there are many many more, apologies to those that I forgot, don't know about. Anyone have it in him/her to set up a poll and/or categories (rock, country, worship, etc) for a little Battle of the Bands party?

Any ideas???

(boring day at work)

ps. check our mp3s at www.mp3.com/ethyl and listen to Besmirched Again, Estranged and/or Restless. They were just remixed! Cool!
  2. good idea, we all give in one MP3 of ourband or two, and get people not involved to unbiasly vote!

Prozac Buttered Toast is mine
  3. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    mine is silver tree, we'll hafta get some mp3's on my computer. i like the idea
  4. lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Not sure if "funky" is the word I'd use...:confused:
  5. The Now-

but our latest track is awaiting approval on my solo project page instead due to the singer/guitarist being too lazy to upload it to the above page:mad:

anyone else in a band in which the supposed frontman takes nearly a year to record his guitar and vocals?
    I think I'm going to buy a baseball bat.:mad:
  6. My band- The Indolents. We have a track or two on garageband.com. Those tracks are from a while ago. We are soon planning to record some new stuff that we will put on mp3.com and garageband.
  7. Jazzfiend

Nov 30, 2002
    Something in the gravy(c).:D
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Yeah, I'd have to agree. And you may want to take out the liner notes where you say "I kick ass on bass." It's misleading information....
  9. We could have everyone who wants to enter make sure to send their songs to http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/140/talkbass.html, then we can vote on our favorites. Since there are so many songs, we seperate them into genres, vote our favorites in each genre, then have a "final" voting for all the winners to decide who is the best?
  10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    You can dowload songs from my band, Bensíntittir Dauðans, here: