Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB bird keepers: What kind of bird is this/appropriate care for it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Sep 5, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi all, my bro came back form college with this lil fella', he found it hobbling along the road unable to fly (I know some will say 'you shouldve left it to nature etc but A) Its nifty and b) My bro caught it.

Since it's been here its had some water and has begun to cheep. Occasianly it trys to fly but kind of jumps then falls (like a chicken flying).

The vets closed until monday so how should we care for it until then? I THINK it's a swift and if so it's about fully grown. It's very 'tame' and allows us to pick it up.

PS - I'm in England.

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    pic 2 (of 3)

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    pic 3 (of 3), showing detail on its back, the white square's what makes me think its a swift..??:confused:

4. I don't know what bird that is, but looking at the beak I can tell it's an insect-eater, so don't give it birdseed. Oh, and mind your spiders and scorpions, yoshi

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Sadly, it didnt make it through the night.

I dont really get why it died as it seemed on a mend last night, it was even chirping and hopping around our conservatory.. :(

I suppose its a nicer way to go though, warm and wrapped up in a box full of torn up tissue than on a cold, wet Engalnd footpath.

PS - was this aimed at the spiders/scorpion saftey or the birds! "Oh, and mind your spiders and scorpions, yoshi"

I plan to bury it later on.

6. hehe I had a bit of a hangover (still do actually) and I'm sorry if my post didn't make sense...

7. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Well, at least you tried Yoshi, that's a lot more than alot of people would do.

My kids are always finding injured birds. we found this lady downtown that takes in injured birds and nurses them back to health.

Kudos to you Yoshi :)