1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TB Christmas giveaway challenge

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MTMTEX, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MTMTEX

MTMTEX Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2008
    austin tx.
    So as we start to get into the holiday season I reflect and realize I have been very fortunate in life and in music and wish to pass that gift on to others perhaps not so fortunate. I have been involved in donating unused equipment for some time not only on TB but locally as well and am always left with the feeling that I am recieving the gift, not the other way around. With roughly 8 weeks until Christmas my challenge is this. Look through your unused instruments and equipment and ask yourself how much longerdoes it need to sit there collecting dust? Could someone less fortunate be able to enjoy music the way we do? Post here in this thread to inspire others to donate as well. I will start. I have an Aria Pro II and a Hohner I hav'nt touched in quite awhile. Pretty sure I have a couple practice amps and at lunch will head over to GC to pick up a couple inexpensive cords. That should make a good start for a couple of kids or organizations that need it more then I do. Make this the year you stop talking about doing it and just do it! What do you think? Anyone else in?

2. jbd5015

jbd5015

Nov 23, 2009
    Boalsburg, PA
    i dig it!

ive got a Nemesis NC210 i was thinkin of donating to a local school music program. ill get in touch with them and see if its something that they would be interested in.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I'll add to that challenge.

Do it, and don't tell anyone you did it.

:)

4. MTMTEX

MTMTEX Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2008
    austin tx.
    Yep! Do it all the time. This thread is meant only as a gentle reminder and encouragement for all of us as a community to come together and share (if you want) your experience. However you choose to give is not important. The giving part is.

5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I believe you do. :) I'd say me too, but then I'd be negating that I think. I dont' give nuthin away for free!!!

6. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    In my area (greater Philadelphia) there's an organization called Musicopia that collects and distributes instruments. Mostly orchestra and band instruments - they've stopped taking in organs and pianos, for instance...

I need to talk to them about a cab that's not moving in the classifieds.

If I make a charitable donation, I'll for sure be telling the IRS.
    But no one else needs to care...

7. Great idea. I don't know what I'll be donating yet, but I will commit to giving something.

8. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    If we are giving up our unused gear, that would be most of mine. I don't play enough any more. :(

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Man, I wouldnt mind giving away some unused gear, but Ive already minimalized the amount of stuff I own to what I actually use.
    Ok, Ive got a fretted 4 string I havent played in a while, but its a backup.