Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB get together in Geneva, Switzerland

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    After reading about TB get togethers all over the States, I'm happy to report that a smaller scale Talk Bass enabled get together happened over the weekend.

"MZ91" A.K.A. Mike and I exchanged emails through the forums recently and discovered he was coming to Geneva to visit his main squeeze. It happened that I was sitting in with some friends playing in an Irish pub. We exchanged emails, arranged a time, and I promised him a beer.

I completely forgot about the beer, but we did have a great chat. His poor girlfriend showed the early signs of "oh my god....I have to listen to two gear freaks all night" us older guys have been facing for years.

Anyhow, Mike is just a great guy with a great attitude and some really nice gear...and girlfriend.

Thanks Mike...that was fun. Let's do it again.

2. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey Brian,

Thanks for the compliments regarding my gear and my Girlfreind! :D I pride myself on both! hahahah kidding...
    -She did have a good time though :smug: -

It was a great evening! And dont worry about the beer! theres always a next time!

I guess next on the list is getting some of the other european Tb's together... Zoran, Bruce... Ze Germans! :)

Peace

M

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Might be heading back to Charley O'Neils again this Saturday.

Mike...keep me posted on the gear finds. That is very appealing.

Ciao

bmc

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ya'll should get together and jam. You could call it "The Geneva Uh..Chords."

brad cook

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hundreds of comedians out of work and Brad Cook works for free. :D