1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TB is in my head

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bruiser Stone, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Bruiser Stone

Bruiser Stone Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    Is it just me, or is TB monitoring my thoughts? Is the collective “think” branching into my conscious/subconscious curiosities? Every morning when I check (and I freely confess that I’m an addict), I see a thread addressing the very same thought/question/gear circulating in my mind. It’s freaking me out just a little bit. Someone pull back the curtain...I want to see the wizard.

S-Bigbottom and Oddly like this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    You have been assimilated. Welcome to the collective.

3. Bruiser Stone

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    EA0F6735-1EE1-445C-91E9-FBF878CBC2FF.

Oddly likes this.
  4. twinjet

twinjet CFM-equipped Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I do believe Marc, the Bass Wizard, is a member here. Also has a killer YouTube channel.

Bruiser Stone and Wisebass like this.
  6. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Bruiser Stone :)

That' s the way it is man.:D

TB is in your head and the sound is in your fingers! :laugh:

greetings

Wise(b)ass

Bruiser Stone likes this.
  7. Bruiser Stone

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    I believe he could read my mind.

8. Bruiser Stone

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    I guess if I get on here enough someone else will have the same questions I have, but almost EVERY DAY. I’ve been thinking of getting a short scale budget bass as a backup for me and a practice bass for my daughter, and boom...opinions on basses under $500.

I’ve just bought an active bass, my first one, and I’ve been given advice on a possible preamp swap...and again, preamp opinions.

I won’t go through all the examples, but it’s like an algorithm. But how? Just chance I suppose. Putting aside the drama and tangents, this is a fantastic resource.

Wisebass and Oddly like this.
  9. twinjet

twinjet CFM-equipped Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    You'll need to ignore the majority of what you see over in basses. Very easy to take what you have for granted. You bought your active because you liked how it was, not because you saw room for improvement. Am I wrong?

Bruiser Stone likes this.
  10. Bruiser Stone

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    True. I’ve read a lot of negative energy for Tonepumps, but from what I heard in the store, it sounded pretty good to me. That being said, I do like to educate myself as to what others are doing. But sometimes I wonder if tweaking in less expensive/invasive ways would be preferable (fiddling with tone knobs, amp eq adjustments, speakers, pedals, etc.)

I’ll begin the discovery when it arrives today...Christmas in August.

Wisebass likes this.
  11. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Bruiser Stone :)

You' re right!Tthere is always at least one or two threads about stuff, that I am interested in.

And hey! The drama and the tangents can be a lot of fun too! ;):laugh:

greetings

Wise(b)ass

edit: merry Christmas :laugh: