Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB is...wow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by joe_sorren, Apr 10, 2005.

1. joe_sorren

joe_sorren

Apr 7, 2005
    arizona
    Hello.

I just wanted to say how much i enjoy this forum. I am a new player, and have been able to become familiar with so many concepts from finding/reading posts on this site. Also the music offered is nothing short of inspiring. (I need to ask Michael Savino how to buy a CD from his band, I think I am wearing out his link buttons)

Also, by taking the advice so many of you offer, my first lesson was yesterday from CBfinet (TB member, thanks Chris!).

Anyhow, i just wanted to say thanks to all you TBDB'ers who support and participate.

blistered,

Joe

2. Welcome Joe!

3. Savino

Savino

Jun 2, 2004
    nyc
    Thanks so much Joe,

The new Animal Channel album is currently being mastered and will be availiable soon, I'd be happy to send you a copy as soon as I can.

Welcome to TB, you will find it is a fuzzy and warm place

4. joe_sorren

joe_sorren

Apr 7, 2005
    arizona
    Thanks for the welcome Paul,

When I set out playing DB I was experimenting with different ways of sitting down while playing.

After reading your posts I have scratched that and am now working from a standing position. I hope it will help save my back in the long run. Thank you.

Michael,

I will e-mail you, thank you for the generous offer.

Joe

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Welcome! I checked out some of your painting -- extremely cool stuff! I'll have to snag one of your paintings for an album cover if I ever get that far.

6. Savino

Savino

Jun 2, 2004
    nyc
    Yeah Joe,
    Your artwork is beautiful. It seems you have developed a style that is all your own. I enjoyed your site. Congrats!

7. Ditto on your Art work. Really nice.

8. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Welcome.... You could always trade paintings for lessons ! ;-)

9. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Fender, Source Audio & Fishman
    Joe's stuff is amazing. I own one of his prints. My wife made us stop in Flagstaff to see one of his murals when we were driving through Arizona.

10. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I have one of his books -- amazing stuff! I've leafed through the thing countless times, and enjoy the story almost as much.