TB jam!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Apr 3, 2003.

1. hey, i thought of this ealier, could be fun!

Someone start off with a riff (try and stay under a minute) post it, then the next person to post continues the groove!

i don't have anything just now, maybe record something later , so I leave to ya'all to start this!!

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    In theroy, this is a cool idea... BUT their is a upload size limit... so we'd all have to post up individual MP3s and in the end slice them together... hmmm. I dunno.

Either way I wanted to bump this to see if anything comes of it.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Netiquette says thread starters asking for group participation should provide a first attempt or initial work for others to be motivated...

and DHC agrees with me this time

(cool idea though)
  4. :D

sorry if it seems quiet..

5. y'aall city boys, askin' fer trouble, changin' the darn key...
  6. awh c'mon, changing the key sig just ain't nice either!

And I went back to the original key at the end!

Smelly sock!!! :spit: :D
  7. well, your clip deviated in the time signature too:p

sticking to 4/4;
  8. Thats becuase im a sucky bassist :D
  9. Hmmm... That, and a key change that sounded like an accident to me.... that would make you (Microbass) a jazz musician!
  10. Dumb Question:

Whats the tab to this?

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    maybe some rules should be applied if you want this to work (time sig, chords, duration, format, etc)
  12. okay, how about a laidback funk/r&b fingerstyle/pick line in Aminor, like you'd hear in a 70's film soundtrack?

that way people can throw in whatever fills/variations they like, from the simple to the over-the-top double-thumbing slap stuff y'all pesky kids like to do these days :p