Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB jam!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Apr 3, 2003.

1. hey, i thought of this ealier, could be fun!

Someone start off with a riff (try and stay under a minute) post it, then the next person to post continues the groove!

i don't have anything just now, maybe record something later , so I leave to ya'all to start this!!

:cool:

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    In theroy, this is a cool idea... BUT their is a upload size limit... so we'd all have to post up individual MP3s and in the end slice them together... hmmm. I dunno.

Either way I wanted to bump this to see if anything comes of it.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Netiquette says thread starters asking for group participation should provide a first attempt or initial work for others to be motivated...

and DHC agrees with me this time

(cool idea though)

4. :D

sorry if it seems quiet..

:bassist:

5. y'aall city boys, askin' fer trouble, changin' the darn key...

6. awh c'mon, changing the key sig just ain't nice either!

And I went back to the original key at the end!

Smelly sock!!! :spit: :D

7. well, your clip deviated in the time signature too:p

sticking to 4/4;

8. Thats becuase im a sucky bassist :D

9. Hmmm... That, and a key change that sounded like an accident to me.... that would make you (Microbass) a jazz musician!

10. Dumb Question:

Whats the tab to this?

:D

-Jon:oops:

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    maybe some rules should be applied if you want this to work (time sig, chords, duration, format, etc)

12. okay, how about a laidback funk/r&b fingerstyle/pick line in Aminor, like you'd hear in a 70's film soundtrack?

that way people can throw in whatever fills/variations they like, from the simple to the over-the-top double-thumbing slap stuff y'all pesky kids like to do these days :p