TB newbie needs stand for Guild Pilot 5

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dukeplaysbass, Oct 24, 2003.

1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Hello y'all! Great forum here.....

I just bought a USA Guild Pilot 5 and it slides off of either of the two guitar stands I own.
    Can anybody who's owned one make a suggestion (other than "keep that pointy thang at home, you metal throwback..." or "stash it in the gig bag....") and help me out?

Thanks.

-Duke

2. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
  3. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    I used to have a pre-fender Guild Pilot 4 string before some putz stole it. Great bass! Anyhow, I know your delima with getting it to stay upright on a standard stand. I switched to the type of stand that hangs your bass from its headstock, though I was always afraid it would topple-over due to it seeming a little off-balance. I now use the rock-case type stands pbh showed in the 1st link. Though my g**tarist hates that stand because his gibson flying-v won't fit on it.

4. I use a hercules headstock lock stand that hangs the bass from the headstock. Very balanced and secure.

5. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Thanks all. I will take a trip down to GC or Mannys to see about the Hercules....

-Duke

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2021