1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TB newbie needs stand for Guild Pilot 5

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dukeplaysbass, Oct 24, 2003.

1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Hello y'all! Great forum here.....

I just bought a USA Guild Pilot 5 and it slides off of either of the two guitar stands I own.
    Can anybody who's owned one make a suggestion (other than "keep that pointy thang at home, you metal throwback..." or "stash it in the gig bag....") and help me out?

Thanks.

-Duke

2. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
  3. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    I used to have a pre-fender Guild Pilot 4 string before some putz stole it. Great bass! Anyhow, I know your delima with getting it to stay upright on a standard stand. I switched to the type of stand that hangs your bass from its headstock, though I was always afraid it would topple-over due to it seeming a little off-balance. I now use the rock-case type stands pbh showed in the 1st link. Though my g**tarist hates that stand because his gibson flying-v won't fit on it.

4. I use a hercules headstock lock stand that hangs the bass from the headstock. Very balanced and secure.

5. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Thanks all. I will take a trip down to GC or Mannys to see about the Hercules....

-Duke