Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB OTTAWA GT #1 was last weekend...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Nov 13, 2002.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    ... and it was damn cool! There were only four of us there (this time) - got the chance to see DirtDog's band PUSH. GREAT blues and DD sounded awesome! :cool:

The great part was... the first solo of the night was a bass solo!

It was great meeting you guys - next time we'll hopefully be able to drag out some more people and perhaps we can all go and overrun an open mic or something!

Have a nice day!

2. AHHHHH!!!

I was in Ottawa this weekend!! Too bad I either didn't know or missed the thread on here.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Geoff

3. Geoff St. Germaine
    Back to the Books

Supporting Member

Total Posts: 666

hmm, you're evil....:D

4. Yep, it was pretty cool. First TBer's I've ever met. Cool guys, good music!

Geoff: If you had shown up, I think there would have been altogether too many Physics/Engineering types around....:D

5. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Hey boys -

Thanks for showing up - it was good to meet you!And thanks for not ridiculing my solo!!!

We had a blast - and so did the other 120 folks who showed up....

Pix to follow - the gig photos are on film right now - beleive it or not in this digital world...

DD

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo, cool. glad to see you guys had a get together.

you know, toronto isn't _that_ far, is it? ;) i'm going to be in toronto the weekend of nov 29, and i'd love hangin' with you guys, if you can make it over there.

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ps, i plan on bringing a couple of conklins up with me :D

(that should snag a few of 'em) :D

8. Originally posted by john turner

ps, i plan on bringing a couple of conklins up with me :D

(that should snag a few of 'em)

Hmmm... that is inticing.

It is possible I could jet (read: borrow a slow car and drive within posted limits) up there if I am not working.

I forgot to mention something cool to do in Toronto... go to the top of the CN tower and lie down on the clear floor overlooking the city.

Trippy stuff.

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo. sounds cool. actually that sounds scary as all get out. i'm terrified of heights. i'll have to do it :D

10. Dang! I'm going to see Tony Levin and some guy called Peter Gabriel in Montreal that weekend. Other than that I'd drive to TO. I could have fit at least a couple of the Ottawa area guys in too. Dang.
    It'd be cool to meet you and make a fool out of myself on a Conklin :D.

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

hey, i'm coming into town that previous wednesday, and i'm leaving the following tuesday, so maybe there's some time that we could meet up.

12. Damn, no one ever comes here. I did meet Angus when I went up to Seattle one time, but that's it.

13. Let's bring that to Toronto now.

14. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Name the time and place...

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, i'm staying at marriot eaton centre, so anywhere around there would be cool :)

16. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hey Andrew, give me a shout if you're going to do that - I could help you pay for gas :)

17. Hey guys, sorry I must've missed the thread stating the occurence of this event... if we want to do another rendezvous I'm playing at least one show in December, it would be cool to meet a few more of the Ottawa TBers.

ThrashJazz and I hit an open stage back in the summer but I had a bit too much beer and a bit too little coordination for it to work out well :D

We could have a serious bass-off and scare the crap out of everyone who shows up at those open mics with an acoustic guitar.

It'd be cool to make it up to T. for the weekend, but I have way too much school right now.

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, the date is coming up soon. hope to see some of you folks :).

19. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Can't make it to TO on the weekend, but here's photo from the PUSH gig/TB Ottawa GT in Ottawa on the 8th.

Forgive the sloppy Photoshopped removal of the mic from the singer's forehead - it was really distracting....

I'm the dude on the right.

DD:p

20. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    I'm all for this. I've also been trying to set one up with a few non-TB bassists.

If anyone wants to go and take an open stage by storm... name the time and place! :D

JT... sorry I can't make it either... if I didn't have to save money for my upcoming trip I'd be there in a flash... :(