Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB: Pick my wireless: Senn 372 or Shure ULXS14

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tunaman, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I'm leaning towards the ULXS14, I play 4 string. I want to use both outputs one to a preamp for the P.A & one for the pre for the cab. Any trouble with any of these units?? 600 bucks is a lot to drop!
    Specs cant replace owner testimony!!!
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Looks like the Shure UXLS14 is going to win out! Anybody have some testimony about yea or nea before I go ahead with it? Thanks!
    Mike

3. I'm in research stage as well, and I'm pretty narrowed down to the same unit.....shure ulxs14. I like the 9V batt usage rather than the AA or AAA 's in the Sennheiser.

No practical experience, sorry, but I've only heard GOOD things about the shure ulxs14.

I'm in MA as well, where will you buy it do you think ?

I've been watching used ones, seems that it's going to take 350 or so to get a used one.

4. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Called GC today & they can get a Shure in with a deposit. I may clunk the whole 600 down for the UXLS. The auto frequency, wider range & lower hz is a plus

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  6. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Good call man, I programmed them in my phone & will call tommorow. Can take cords anymore! I was surprised to see Louis the XIV playing with them... although they are a vintage kinda thing anyway... cool sounding Ric

7. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Shure UXLS14 480 at Northern Lights, 600 everywhere else. MUNJI IS THE MAN!!!

8. Dave M

Dave M

Jun 12, 2005
    upper left corner
    Any of you guys with the ULXS14 buy the rack adapter and front antenna mount kits? If so, how much did they cost, and did you get them from NS&L? :D

Thx,
    -DM

9. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I don't know anything about being the man, but I've bought some major stuff from NSL, and they have been more than fair to me. (We had a bit of a conversation over shipping costs for big speakers, and they bent over backwards to do me a favor. And they did me a HUGE favor. So did the folks at EAW. All first-rate people.)

10. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    The unit is awesome. Dont regret it one bit. thanks again. Try it out live tommorow

11. Louse

Louse

Aug 15, 2005

I ordered the rack-mount kit and antenna kit through microphone solutions (I think that's what they're called). The grand total was 108$. I have the ULXS mounted in my 8 space rack. It has performed flawlessly over the last few months. Even in one venue that I have seen countless people with lesser wireless units experience nothing but trouble. (The 220 feed to the stage runs right under the dance floor and stage and with anything else that I have tried you get horrible interference and even complete signal drop-out anywhere near that electical line.)

The only thing I had to do was add a hole in the rack-mount plate to pass a 1/4" cable through from the back of the receiver to the front of my SVT4-Pro. The little rubber plugs that come with the rack kit make an excellent "grommet" to trim out the hole I had to make. If you want I can e-mail pics.

12. Louse

Louse

Aug 15, 2005

I ordered the rack-mount kit and antenna kit through microphone solutions (I think that's what they're called). The grand total was 108$. I have the ULXS mounted in my 8 space rack. It has performed flawlessly over the last few months. Even in one venue that I have seen countless people with lesser wireless units experience nothing but trouble. (The 220 feed to the stage runs right under the dance floor and stage and with anything else that I have tried you get horrible interference and even complete signal drop-out anywhere near that electical line.)

The only thing I had to do was add a hole in the rack-mount plate to pass a 1/4" cable through from the back of the receiver to the front of my SVT4-Pro. The little rubber plugs that come with the rack kit make an excellent "grommet" to trim out the hole I had to make. If you want I can e-mail pics.

13. ge9375

ge9375

Sep 5, 2004
    +1 Northern Light and Sound. I rarely ever say stuff like this, but: you'd be a fool not to call them.

+1 ULXS14. I live in what I affectionately call "The Bermuda Triangle of T.V. and Radio Antennas." There's several (5?) large broadcast towers within 2 miles of my house. If electronic equipment is going to be interfered with, it will happen in my house. The ULXS14 is dead silent. No interference, static or drop-outs. Bass sounds great.

14. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I love the gol' durned heck out of mine. Another bennie is that it's frequency range drops down to 25 hz, which dominates for 5-string basses.