Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB Rarity!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by anonymous0726, Apr 17, 2004.

1. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Played a gig in the same building as fellow TB'er Richard Russo tonight. He was upstairs and I downstairs at the Tagine Dining Gallery off Times Square.

Richard sound great -- good, solid feel. I didn't get to hear as much as I would have liked to on our break due to NY's tough Smoking Nazi laws.

2. bassmith

bassmith

Feb 26, 2002
    New York, NY
    Hey, Ray:

I've only now read this, after having sent you an e-mail on Monday.

You are kind in your comments, and it's only fitting that other TB'ers know that your own playing that night was musical, tasteful and intelligent. A beacon to us all.

Cheers!

Richard

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    You better hope they don't pass any Smoking Bassist laws, or you'll be in trouble.

4. Rene Hart

Rene Hart

May 8, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ray, Ed (and all of y'all)
    I had to register just to say hi to you MFers!!!
    So... hi.
    Not even sure how I stumbled on this site now... umm... must of been looking for... the Bass Masters fly fishing site, yeah that's it.
    I'll come back and keep an eye on you guys, make sure this a clean site and all ;-) Can't have any divious discorse done daily.
    Dig, dug, dag.
    -Rene

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Hey where you been!?! The number I got for you is no good, e-mail me yer new one. Whatcha been up to, I saw you were on a couple records with Rick ( oh, crap Jazzheimer's - he sings, he plays piano, he does a "Concert for Peace" thing in midtown) what his name? How was that? It was Lenny White on drums?