Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB Straps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassyBill, Jun 3, 2005.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    You'll have seen the announcement that the TB store now carries 4" Moody straps. Some of you may think "$95!! No way would I ever pay that..." That's okay, it's your money and an understandable point of view. But this post is for those of you who are thinking "Hey, man, that's really cool... should I go for one of those?"

I have just received my new 4" Moody strap (in black/blue) and I'm here to tell you it's the finest strap I have ever picked up and worth every last cent of what I paid for it. It's ultra-comfortable, my bass sits exactly how I want it to and it just looks the coolest thing ever. The quality is.. and I mean this... PERFECT. How many products can you ever say that about?

If you like the black/tobacco colour scheme and the idea of having the TB logo on your strap, then go for it. Hell, I may get another one myself and think about getting a matching bass to go with it! A nice tobacco sunburst Jazz with black hardware.... GAAAAAASSSSSS.......

2. Great man , i'm happy you found a strap you love ! I'm defnitely ordering the TB strap :bassist: It just looks so classy...But it doesn't really surprise me because Paul knows what he's doing :)

3. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Let me know what you think - I'll be amazed if you don't think it's one of the best ways you've ever treated yourself! And you're right, I don't think Paul would be selling $95 straps unless he thought they really were a bit special.

4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Wow, I want one......but it's worth like 37% of my main bass' price. Once I get a higher end bass, I'd definately get one, but at this point...it would be a lil much for my gear

5. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    I want the TB strap too. I just have to justify the price to my wife so I can get it.

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Ordered mine; it's going on the Essence.

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Hmm, I think I might need one. They look pretty damn nice.

8. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Mine's on the way...

9. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    About three months ago, I picked up the same strap (without the TB logo, of course) through Moody.

Kinda reminds me of buying a top-of-the-line mattress - it takes a while to convince yourself to spend that much on it.... but once you have it, you thank yourself daily that you did.... :smug:

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    If i dug on leather straps then i would be all over it :)

I'm going to have to be the first dissenter and say that I'm sticking with the Comfort Strapp

11. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Strap came today, very nice!

12. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Nice. :) Is that the gold or bronze logo?

I've got a few other things on my GAS list that take priority, but I'll get one of these sometime soon. :D

13. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Bronze. Very wide, very soft and very, very quality. "BRING ME MY MONOCLE! I want to look rich!"

14. why does that strap cost $95?? that's seems to expensive to belive for just a strap, is it really worth so much money?

15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    If you are playing a Mexi Fender, yah it's a bit much.

If you are playing a neck heavy bass, padded leather and suede is the order of the day unless you like holding the bass in place. I have a 65 dollar strap for my Kramer, 3" padded suede. Even with an aluminum neck it doesn't dive at all and the padding saves my shoulder from it's 10+ lb weight.

Also if you are playing a costly bass, why cheap out and get an uncomfortable 8 dollar nylon strap?

16. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Amen SMASH!

This strap will replace the homemade back saver I cooked up for my Q6 (talk about neck dive).

17. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Wow, Ibanks, that photo really shows why the strap is $95. Looks like it's worth every penny.

18. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yes, Its the most expensive I own, but only by $10. And this is a substanial piece of leather.

19. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    And I think it looks better on this...
    [​IMG]
    :D

20. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    When I started this thread, I was expecting a lot of "$95?????!!!!! What the.....?" type comments. These have been the exception (so far!).

Thank you fellow TBers and Moody lovers for making me realise that I haven't been ridiculously extravagant with my readies! As many have said, if you gig with a bass and like it to stay where you've put it, comfortably, then it's money well spent. Enjoy!