Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TB Students, anyone else got results yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Ive got my provisional results back . . . which will prettymuch be the final ones

Both were "MF", Marginal Fails . . . that means i was within 5% of passing on each of them :scowl: :rollno:

2. If you mean semester grades, 3.93

3. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    I received the last of my preliminary Standard Grade results yesterday. Seven 1s and a 2. I'm rather pleased :hyper:

4. Thats cool, altho from when i did my SGrades (holy crap, that was 5 years ago!) the prelims werent usuable to bump up your mark if you failed the finals :(

But you should be good with a set like that :)

5. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    another 2.6 on the 4 point scale... somewhere between a B- and C+.:spit:

6. Im a freshman this year and i failed math but i have a 3.0 overall? I dont get college grading but failing math really upset me , im turn off for trying to get an engineering degree tho :( :bawl: :rollno: :scowl:

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'm clocking up high 2:1's and Firsts.

8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    No results yet; tomorrow is my first exam. My brain is completely soaked with nature vs nurture, childlanguage, speechproduction, crossmodalpriming techniques, wordrecognition, languageplanning, computerlinguistics, language sociology,..

pfffffffff

9. 3.8 for my fall semester. Classes were Theory, Intro to Sociology, Intro to Psychology, Macro Economics, and Composition and Literature 2.

10. I got a 3.93 for the fall semester. I doubt I'll duplicate it in the Spring, but we'll see.

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Question for you UK folk:

What's the difference between an "first" a "second", or an "upper second"? We don't have these things stateside.

12. I have a 5.6 (on a 5 pt scale w/ honors classes on a 6 pt scale)

I would have a 5.8 if my English teacher didn't think that A's were only for God and suck-ups:rollno:

13. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT

I go to the University of Chicago. Two people of a class of 1300ish last year graduated with 4 points. We are notorious for not grade inflating.

Anyway, the story is that a physics prof handed back some papers, and there was a kid who was upset that he didn't get an A. He asked the prof if he could curve it, but the prof said, "The only curves I like are the ones on the front of B's." :D

Anyway, I got a 2.9 my first quarter here. Not what I was hoping for, but I did really awful in an Italian class that I wasn't cut out for.

14. Don't let that throw you off of an engineering degree. Just work harder next semester and get a tutor if needed. There is no shame in getting help if you need it.

I ended up with a 3.68, not as good as the previous semester but I can live with it. Everything was an A, except my very important physics class, darn B-.
    That really upset me because I don't like anything less than an A. It's my own fault for not working hard enough. I did all the work, but bombed all the quizzes and tests. So I decided to purchase an alternative physics book, as I'm not impressed with the examples in the required text.
    I'm an engineering major by the way, and it is a very difficult major, but don't get discouraged.

15. Yeah, but. I turn in great papers, and this broad just puts a B+ on it, without any markings. I ask her what I did wrong and she just brushes me off with BS!

AHH!!!! It's killin my rank, too.

What's also killin my rank is Jazz band. I am in all honors, so each class is on a 6 pt scale. My jazz band class is on a 5 pt scale, though, so it brings my average down almost a full point. And Jazz gets factored into my GPA, so in a school where (almost) everyone takes 5 classes, and the people I am competing with thus have averages of 6.0, 5.8, 5.6, 5.4 or 5.2
    But Jazz lowers me just barely below everyone I should be tied with, ugh.

Well, there is my little rant.

btw - University of Chicago! Way to go, man. Great school.

16. same here
    straight B's

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ

I know, I messed up REAL bad.

18. :scowl:

:D

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You know, typical first semester. Sleep in too much, drink too much, miss classes... etc.