TB version of "The Biggest Loser"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I am fat. I am 5'10 and weigh 240 lbs. I work alot and eat alot and do not excercise. I am 41 and probably a good candidate to have a heart attack. I have to get serious about not strokin' out on stage. Who wants to get slimmer along with stinsok? I figure I need to lose about 60 freakin' pounds. Anyone in a similar situation? We can document our progress here and be taunted by others on the board. I will be posting a gig pic from the coming Dec. 30 show of my fatness, and other gig pics to show my progress. Christmas is the wrong time of year to start this!
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I need to get a 6 pack...so I'll be 'in' with you :).

...but not till after christmas food is just to good :bag:
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I need to lose about 20 myself, but with the cold, it is hard to get out and do stuff. But, I gotta do it. I just recent;y got a new bicyle, so I am gonna be riding my gut off... I with you, buddy. I am trying to give up the fast food, too, and the soda, which will be very hard....
  4. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    a 6 pack is a little too agressive of a goal for me.
  5. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    We just got a treadmill and I just haven't embraced it yet.
  6. Good Idea. I won't diet and stuff with ya, but I will check in on your guys progress. good luck :hyper:
  7. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Stinsock...good luck man, and know that it's worth it.

I was 6-1, 239 a year ago. I'm now 6-1, 183, as of this morning. I'm 40, and had a heart scare about 9 months ago.
    I've gone from a 40 waist to a 34. My cholesterol is down, my blood pressure is down, and I'm healthier than I've been since my 20's.

If I can do this, anyone can! Just make up your mind, and stick to it.
  8. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Excuses, excuses! :p You can start NOW if you really want to do it. If you put it off until after the holidays, or because its cold, it just means you'll make excuses for whatever reason. It doesn't mean you can't have a good time at the holidays either. Just try a little more moderation than you're used too. It goes a long way.

Start off slow. If you do too much at first you're likely to get hurt. Get on that treadmill and walk. Use headphones so at least it helps keep your mind off the work aspect of it. Make realistic short term goals for yourself and stick to them. I was really surprised at how much better I felt after I started working out again... I'm sure you'll feel the same way.

Best of luck! :hyper:
  9. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It is starting to look like I play Dobro instead of bass.
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I need to gain weight rather than lose it, if anything. Im 5'9", 125. ~5% body fat.

:bag: dont kill me.
  11. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Ha! You are right. All I have to do is stop reading about Emo and walk 2 feet to the treadmill. Right now I am full of coffee and chocolate/oatmeal drop cookies.
  12. I need to gain some muscle mass.

Me = 6'8" at 160lbs.

That = uber skinnyness.
  13. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
  14. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    i'll stick my neck in.... 33 years old, smoker (soon to quit), 6'2", 260 pounds, and a screwed up leg that won't allow jogging... But I did get one of those tony little gazzelle things, and that is pretty cool....

15. i been exercising since school started and have lost ~15 pounds, i feel and look better than ever and plan to keep working out next semester (there is a workout center in my dorm). my goal is to be under 200 pounds (im 6'4) by end of summer, btw im about 230 now.
  16. I've recently started losing weight. I always knew I was too heavy but a visit to the doctor made it that much clearer. I'm now eating right, no fast food, no processed food, no junk food and I've cut down my salt intake alot. I also have begun eating more fruits and veggies.

I'm feeling better! :hyper:
  17. I'm with ya. I had been going to the gym regularly but when school started up I had a huge work load dropped on me and it only lightened up this trimester (been bout 3 weeks or so into it) and I just haven't gotten back to the gym. After xmas I'ma start working out again. As you can tell I need it :) *I'm on the left*

18. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    6' tall, 245 lbs., 44 years old. How can we help each other?
  19. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I'm with ya.

I'm 22 years old, 185 pounds, 5'11" and it's my goal to drop 40 pounds next year. 50 would even be nice to drop, but I'm not going to kill myself to get skinny. I'm also not starting officially until 2005. I WILL enjoy my holiday dinners.

Also, weight-loss/maintenence tip from pro wrestler the Rock: "Treat yourself, don't cheat yourself. I eat only the healthiest food six days a week, but once a week I let myself have whatever I want, and that keeps me from going off my diet. Tomorrow, the Rock may well bake cookies."
  20. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i can vouch for that............lol
    tell ya what, every time one of us bigger boys is hungry we'll call you and tell you to eat, and what we would eat right now if we weren't trying to lose weight. I wouldn't worry. Most dudes I've known like you did some serious filling out by 22 years of age or so.