1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TB won’t load on Android Devices?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gilmourisgod, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    I have a couple Nooks and one phone using android OS, suddenly won’t run TB. Never had a problem before. The page loads, but crashes to “aw snap” after 30 seconds or so. I can open page fine on IPhone or PC, so it isn’t a WiFi problem. Cleared cache and restarted devices, definitely isolated to Android OS. Any suggestions?

2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Sell the old devices and buy a motor for your table saw :D

shadowtippy and Gilmourisgod like this.
  3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    That's weird that it's happening across devices.

4. Scoops

Scoops Why do we use base 10 when we only have 8 fingers Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 22, 2013
    Sugar Creek, Wisc
    I am me
    FYI ......I got a message in my alerts box yesterday.

"We just got a notice from our mobile app developer that he's pulling the plug on the servers the app needs to operate. The TB app may work for a few more days, then it will be non-operational".

5. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Ha! Fixed the tablesaw with a new thermal overload switch for $5.99!

It’s gotta be some automatic Android OS update that doesn’t like TB cookies or something. I tried the suggestions offered by google help, including updating Chrome, same deal, TB loads but then crashes before I can log in. Typing this on my iPhone now, works fine. ***?

charlie monroe likes this.
  6. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    @Scoops
    Dang, so TB won’t run on any mobile app? Will that include iPhone? That’s gonna aggravate a whole lot of users!

7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    You were using the app or the browser?

8. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    The browser, so you mean it’s just the TB mobile app that’s being discontinued? Sorry for my ignorance, I’m an internet dinosaur. I’ve gotten used to my iPhone updating itself and randomly changing things I’ve finally learned how to use, and usually not for the better. $1000 for an iPhone X, no thanks. This may be my last iPhone, better figure out this Android OS business. Android virus maybe? Is their an antivirus tailored for that OS on mobile devices?

9. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    So it won't load in the browser (chrome?) on one android phone and two nooks but will in the browser of an iphone or PC?

Gilmourisgod likes this.
  10. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    Yep, which means it’s got to be an android issue, both phone and nooks update automatically, don’t know if there is an event log, or if I can roll back an update.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  11. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don't even know. Is it chrome on those three devices but safari on the iphone and something else in the computer?

12. Howlin' Hanson

Howlin' Hanson Lighter cabs, please.

Sep 3, 2007
    Austin TX
    I downloaded the app (actually this is the second app IIRC), but I never liked it as much as the browser version.

You might like it too.

13. Runs fine on my 2013 iPad mini v1 (too old for recent OS updates) using a browser, which is currently Chrome.
    Of course if you were using an app, you probably didn't see the message that the app won't work.

"Be sure to let me know if you don't get my message." :smug:

charlie monroe likes this.
  14. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm not having any issues surfing TB on Chrome on my Android phone. I typed this post on it.

15. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Yep, save yourself grief and use the browser on your phone instead of the app. I've never had issues with the mobile web site.

16. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I don't think the specific issue here is about the app.

17. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I am typing this on my Android Galaxy S8 using Chrome browser. I have not had any problems today.

18. Scoops

Scoops Why do we use base 10 when we only have 8 fingers Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 22, 2013
    Sugar Creek, Wisc
    I am me

I think it's about the app, not the browser, (I use chrome) or OS. I'm not having issues
    If you are having issues with the browser or OS, get a good cleaner like Ccleaner, and rebooting from time to time

I never like the app on android, so I used the browser.

MJ5150 likes this.