1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TBC love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jdbutz, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jdbutz

jdbutz

Feb 10, 2007
    Indianola, Iowa
    I played my TBC AP400-MM at my band's gig last night. It's the first time I've played it at a gig. All I can say is "WOW!" I've played it some at rehearsals, but not at a gig. I play in a 50's-70's cover band. I played my Highway 1, which I've modded quite extensively (i.e. - '62 Original PU's, Hipshot tuners, etc.). That has been my number one for a while. I played that for the first set and then broke out the TBC for the second set. Right away, my drummer and guitarist told me they noticed a difference. They said that my bass just cut through the mix much better. I talked with our sound guy after the second set, and he said there was a big difference in terms of the quality of the bass sound. I played the TBC for the 3rd set, and it has now become my number one bass. I've got much love for my TBC!!!

EDIT: I got my TBC in a trade with a TB'er. (Thanks, rduckwor!) It's a quite new one (finished end of November '07), built in Missouri. I think it's well-crafted with nice PU's and a fast neck. Also, it's quite light. :bassist:

2. jdbutz

jdbutz

Feb 10, 2007
    Indianola, Iowa
    By the way, here's the bass.

TBC2.
    TBC1.

3. G-sound

G-sound

Oct 30, 2007
    Huntingtown, MD
    Very nice. Congrats.

I recently got a AP500-M with the cherry stained inlaid pickguard from a TBer on ebay. I love it. I'm still pretty much a bass noob, but this one feels almost like it was made for me. TBC basses look nice, too. I really like the simple elegance. I haven't really played live with it, yet, but I have jammed with some friends a few times. It has a decent sound and it just feels good to play. I plan on getting a j-style bass sometime down the road and a TBC bass will be high on the list of choices.

4. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    OK, I'm seeing mixed opinions of the latest round of TBC basses. I'm GAS'ing badly for an AP400-M, but is their build quality still up to par? The most recent review revealed that there may be sokme inconsitencies in what's coming from these guys.

Should I beware or should I consider diving in?