For Sale TBC (The Bass Company) AP400M

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Taylor Smith, Sep 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Taylor Smith

Taylor Smith

Sep 6, 2017
    Price:
    $300
    Strings:
    This is a gorgeous instrument! I bought this bass in 2006. TBC isn’t really around anymore, but they put out some really nice instruments when they were in business. (Search the TB forums. You’ll find lots of fans!)

This is, basically, a Stingray-inspired bass. The pickup is a little further forward than a MM, though. The body is swamp ash, with a quarter sawn maple neck and Pau Ferro fingerboard. The body is actually chambered, meaning it is lighter than usual.

There is a small “nick” in the fingerboard/neck on the E-sting side at the 10th fret. Playability is not effected. (See photos.)

I liked this bass so much that I bought a 5-string from the same maker many years later. I am getting a new instrument soon and need to clear out some “overstock.”

Add $20 for shipping. Local pickup would be awesome (San Diego, or other Southern California locations).

Attached Files:

2. jaysbass2002

jaysbass2002 Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Northern New York
    drool

3. These TBCs are so beautiful, I can't believe they're inexpensive. Longing for the day a fretless comes up for sale (if they ever produced one).

4. Upstate SC Bass

Upstate SC Bass Supporting Member

older thread but is this still available?