SOLD TBC (The Bass Company) JT400-JJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TemplesOfSyrinx, Nov 16, 2019.

1. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Price:
    Strings:
    Time to move this one on to someone lucky who loves Jazz bass guitars.

Selling a beautiful 2006 JT-400JJ 4-string. It features a beautiful chambered Swamp Ash body. This bass weighs in at 8lbs 3oz. This is an active bass.

I replaced the stock preamp with a 3-band Guitar Fuel SEB3-B preamp. Sounds amazing.

The neck is Maple with a Pau Ferro fingerboard. Abalone dot inlays. 1½" nut. Its a natural finish on both the neck and body. Beautiful feeling and playing neck. I just don't care for the Jazz width necks.

Original certificate of build included.

The bass is in great shape but has some tiny blemishes as pictured. I'll ship it in an inexpensive gig bag for protection.

The price includes shipping in the CONUSA East of the Mississippi, I'll split the shipping West.

Local cash deal makes the price negotiable.

I am thinning the heard, so not interested in any trades. PayPal only or cash for local sale.

If you are looking for a great sounding Jazz style bass, look no further.
    IMG_20191116_122501_MP.jpg IMG_20191116_122431_MP.jpg IMG_20191116_122501_MP.jpg IMG_20191116_122516_MP.jpg IMG_20191116_122552_MP.jpg IMG_20191116_122622_MP.jpg IMG_20191116_122830_MP.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Upstate SC Bass and funkyjudge like this.
  2. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    I don’t have any firsthand experience with TBC, bit that is a vey nice looking bass, and it seems like a true bargain! GLWTS, but I don’t think you’ll need it—I’m betting this bass sells fast. ;)

TemplesOfSyrinx likes this.
  3. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Thanks. Yeah it's a top notch bass for the price. I just cannot get used to the Jazz width neck. My parts Jazz bass has a P bass neck on it!

4. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    I can relate, in reverse—I put Jazz necks on my P’s and P/J’s.;)

5. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Inactive

Mar 29, 2019
    Banland
    I do have some first-hand experience with the bass and TBC having owned one.

Although it's been a long time I don't remember anything bad about it but what I do remember is a pretty stout build quality and a very nice feeling neck which I think they called at the time a "French polish".

Before the guy who built these instruments retired, his whole deal was to build a handmade quality instrument at a reduced price. He was pretty successful for a long time and I think it's suffice to say he achieved his goal, as there was a lot of good reviews and words about him and his business and his basses at the time. And what a cool looking body style as a take on on the ubiquitous jazz.

In this case the bass already looks fantastic but at 8 pounds and change you could mod it to your heart's content and still be really happy... could be a long time player for the right buyer.

Cutter8 and TemplesOfSyrinx like this.
  6. JTE70

JTE70 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Florida
    What are the controls? V V and three band?

7. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    No. Volume, pick up knob blend and 3 band tone.

JTE70 likes this.
  8. JTE70

JTE70 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Florida
    Thanks!

TemplesOfSyrinx likes this.
  9. jaysbass2002

jaysbass2002 Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Northern New York
    I have a 5 string version that I dropped a set of Barts in with a Nordstrand preamp. Humbucker at the bridge with 3way coil select and jazz p/u at the neck. Most amazing playability and sound. Can get that burpy claypool sound and many others! GLWS!

Attached Files:

JTE70 and TemplesOfSyrinx like this.
  10. Hudsobass

Hudsobass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    East Lansing, MI
    I had this exact JT400 model. You won't be able to find a quality built bass with as nice of a neck as this one for this price. Someone needs to pick this one up!

TemplesOfSyrinx and jaysbass2002 like this.
  11. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Black Friday bump!

JTE70 likes this.
  12. mophead

mophead

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    I remember when these came out and the buzz was always what a quality built bass. Haven't really seen anything negative about them in the following years. Guessing there weren't that many sold. I tried to snag a five string once but wasn't quick enough with the buy button.

13. Upstate SC Bass

Upstate SC Bass Supporting Member

still available?

14. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Yes it is

Upstate SC Bass likes this.
  15. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Lots of interest. But only one of you will get this beauty.

jaysbass2002 and BeefPie84 like this.
  16. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Inactive

Mar 29, 2019
    Banland
    If you put made in the USA in the title I bet it gets sold faster.

jaysbass2002 and herndonbassist like this.
  17. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    This is an amazing bass for the money!!! I'm shocked that these don't fly away immediately after being posted.

jaysbass2002 likes this.
  18. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Lol. With TBC it makes zero difference. I've played both. They were all hand assembled in TBC facilities and are all exceptional IMO

jaysbass2002 and herndonbassist like this.
  19. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    The back of the headstock says DESIGNED in USA, crafted in China

20. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Like 99% of the TBC basses say. Not many were built here, not that it makes any difference.