SOLD TBC (The Bass Company) JT500JJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Taylor Smith, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Taylor Smith

Taylor Smith

Sep 6, 2017
    Price:
    $400
    Strings:
    I bought this bass a few years ago, but simply haven’t played it much. I am clearing out some old instruments to make room for a new one. This bass is in excellent condition; I played it in a pit orchestra gig for eight nights + a few daytime gigs, and it has been sitting on a stand ever since. Always kept in a smoke- and pet-free home.

TBC doesn’t exist anymore. The Bass Company made a small batch of instruments ca. 2004–2012. This instrument was likely among the last TBCs, as I bought it in 2013.

This bass has a gorgeous swamp ash body, with a quarter-sawn maple neck, and Pau Ferro fingerboard. The body is chambered, making the bass lighter and a bit more resonant than it might otherwise be.

Active pre-amp with high/mid/low adjustments. Jazz-style pickups, setup.

Search the TalkBass forums for some great discussion of TBC basses; they are loved by most folks.

Add $15 for shipping to US addresses. Local pick up would be awesome (San Diego).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    G RICH 5, TemplesOfSyrinx and NigelD like this.
  2. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Do you have a weight?

3. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    These are fantastic. I bought one backnon the day. Great concept and great execution. Ie make a really well made and well designed bass overseas and sell direct to customers at a low price.

It's a cool bass. GLWTS.

Taylor Smith likes this.
  4. Taylor Smith

Taylor Smith

Sep 6, 2017
    I don’t, but I will see what I can do. Whatever I find may not be very accurate (maybe within .5 lbs) , but I will try.

5. ManuBerdin

ManuBerdin Supporting Member

May 14, 2009
    California
    Pm'd

6. Taylor Smith

Taylor Smith

Sep 6, 2017
    Yes, it is a cool instrument. Some of the TBCs were actually made in the USA, and some in China. This one is one of the American ones! Even better! :)

rogerbmiller likes this.
  7. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Very cool