For Sale TBC (The Bass Company) USA MM Stingray Style 4, "J" Neck (1.5" Nut)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by darkrising, Oct 20, 2016.

1. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    Price:
    Strings:
    Rare, American made TBC USA (pre-China) bass, from when they were hand building high-end MM Stingray-style basses and doing them right. Street price on these were over $1K when new.

The bass is in Very Good Condition; just a finish chip on the back and some light nicks on the body edges and headstock. Back of the neck has one little nick on the treble/underside and some normal thumbnail scratches but otherwise very clean, fingerboard and frets are in excellent shape. Just oiled/cleaned the board and restrung it with some fresh strings. Action is nice and very low (setup with very little relief for a light touch player). Specs:

Body: Alder
    Neck: Maple, 34" Scale
    Nut: 1.5"
    Fingerboard: Rosewood, 22 frets
    Bridge: Chrome Gotoh Style
    Tuners: Chrome open gear
    Pickup: Single MM-Style Humbucker (w/ears)
    Electronics: Volume, Active 2-band EQ (9V)
    Finish: Gloss Black
    Weight: 8 lbs, 6 oz.

This was purchased on here from TB'er jtlee and has sat in the gig bag since I bought her. I had planned on working this into my day to day but since I acquired my G&L, this will unfortunately see very little to no playing time. The bass does play as good as any Stingray/Sterling I have owned. It will come in the same gig bag and will include the pickguard in the pics.

I am looking to get exactly what I paid which was $425 shipped. Please email with any questions and Thanks for looking!!!

Attached Files:

Commreman, NigelD and 1954bassman like this.
  2. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    BUMP!!!!

3. Upstate SC Bass

Upstate SC Bass Supporting Member

old thread still available?