Tb'er needs your help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Indeed, I have a problem here, and I thought the sollution could be found here :)

I'd like to start supporting TB, and donate my $20. Problem is, I don't have a creditcard/paypall! The other option is to put $20 in an envelope and send it across the ocean. Paul says a wired transaction isn't possible either, and if it were possible, it would probably cost me $20 to transfer $20 (=$40, ergo, too much). What should I do? I don't want to get a creditcard only to become a supporting member. I was thinking one of the European TB'ers could help me out...Here in Europe there are no charges on transacting money from country to country, so maybe it's possible for me to transfer $20 on a fellow TB'ers bancaccount, who then uses his paypall to donate the money..

Any other suggestions?

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The way I have done it before was to buy an international money order, made out in dollars from American Express.

There are AmEx offices in every European town and it was quick and easy - I just put the money order in an envelope to Paul!

They are insured, so if it gets lost in the post, you get your money back etc. :)
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yup, get a Money Order.

4. ...and good on you for wanting to become a member ;)
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He also accepts barter so if you have any chickens, fish or perhaps a giant block of Limberger you could just send that.

brad cook
  6. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i put $20 in an envelope and it got there just fine.
  7. hmm...i could do it for you...and you give me the money at the GTG :)
  8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Send me 5000$ US cash in an envelope, I'll deduct the 20$ and get it to Paul. Don't worry I'll send back the extra 4980$ "Good faith" deposit, Just trust me....... :D
  9. That's how I did it, back when I was a supporter and had money... IMOs are the way to go...
  10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Aye, I'll send it in an envelope, thanks for the offer Chilipepper, but that would take too long :)

And Burk, ehm, if could do that if someone can lend me $4500 :D
  11. i'm serious...i could pay for you in a few days and you would become a supporting member and give me the money at the GTG. ( + 50 euro for the hotel and some fine belgian beer :D )
  12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Chilipepper, you have PM