TB'ers Affected by Hurricane Katrina - Status

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stingraymund, Sep 1, 2005.

1. I'm starting a thread to either inquire or report on the status of a TB member affected by Hurricane Katrina. If you're safe (and have Internet access of course), please tell us how you are, and where you evacuated to. If you're wondering about a certain person, please post here and mention their real name or userid in the subject line.
  2. JMarcus2 (Jim Mitchell) of New Orleans (downtown area) just text-messaged me this morning to tell me he is safe in Florida. He evacuated New Orleans on Sunday and rode out the storm in Mississippi before arriving in FL.
  3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I was in NH, and I got rained on every 20 minutes. Other than that, I'm still in one piece. Best wishes to everyone who was in the bad part of the storm.
  4. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm safe. Still evacuated to Little Rock, AK.
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I have exchanged PMs with beef (hey man) as well as mike v_s., they are both safe.

I have spoken with lsu921 and James at The Perfect Bass in Baton Rouge. They are safe as are their friends & family, but are without power. TPB had a generator on earlier so that they could check the shop out, and make calls out, I was very happy to hear from them - great bunch of guys.

I'm still in utter shock looking at the scenes on TV, and talking to my friends in the area.
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'm, glad everyone is okay... especially you mike v_s :D!
  7. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    wondering about that too :bawl:
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'll make this one stick to the top.
  9. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Still no word from the lows..... :(
  10. fenwickbacker

Jun 12, 2004
    New Orleans
    I rode the storm out in Baton Rouge, but I'm back in Jefferson Parish, just outside the Orleans parish line. Part of the relief crew for the hospital staff that rode the storm out.

Got out w/ two of my basses - not sure about my house yet - but my family is safe - so I'm very lucky.

It is unreal - there is a constant flow of rescue helicopters back and forth to Orleans parish.

I thought Stew had moved from NO to the west coast.

Anyone heard from NOLABASS?
  11. Glad to see you guys are doing good.
    A bunch of my guys, Lake Charles PD, went over to help out. They reported back to us that even the videos/pics dont show the destruction. It was best described as a bomb that keeps blowing up time and time again, you never know what to expect next.

God Speed and prayers to all.
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Everyone is affected.

Stupid gas.
  13. No. That fell through... Last we heard he was still in NOLA. :( If anyone hears from Stew please let us know - there has been no word and lots of people looking very concerned for him... :bawl:
    If it's the same guy as on the Dudepit, he's alive and well and planning to go back in to provide relief to survivors...

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have sent Emails and PM's to Xush and Socomsurfing who are both in Mobile AL and i havent heard back from them in a few days.
  15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    that's stickied in the Bassists section here and posted in my thread in his Pro section at www.bassnutz.com too....

:( man I hope Stew is ok....

I've been emailing with George Porter Jr, he, family and band are all safe. THey got out of town inthe days before it hit.
  17. mikjans

Dec 17, 2003
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Good to hear that Porter and his family are OK, I sent him an e-mail but haven´t heard from him (he probably has other priorities now).

Anyone heard of bass veteran Walter Payton or luthier Sal Giardina?

18. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  19. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I spoke to Stew on Sunday, the day before the storm. I fear that he stayed in the city, and did not seek shelter at the Superdome or other facility, in order to remain with his dog. A MySpace bulletin I received from him also stated this intention. As of right now, he has not logged in to MySpace since that Sunday.

I so hope that he is safe somewhere.