Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TBrs in NY / NJ - high end cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigTopBruno, Sep 13, 2002.

1. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Where can I fing high end speakers in NY / NJ for a good price? (i hear Eden yesterday and was blown away).

thanks fo your help!

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    its hard to find good deals in our fair city, and to be honest, i usually call up BC, BNW, or Gguitars in Connecticut.

but places you can go to try lots of high end gear is Rudy's Music where Scott is always a cool dood and has Bergantino, EA, Eden, Ampeg. Roger Sadowsky's shop in DUMBO has great Aguilar and EA gear to try his killer basses. Bass Boutique on 50th and 9th ave has lots of Aguilar and Jimmy's top notch. and finally, if you're willing to take a drive out to New Haven, Connecticut, Chris at Gguitars has Aguilar, Epifani, Demeter, Hartke, Eden to try.

3. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Thanks, Joker.

Looks like used Edens are hard to find, and the local dealers here are expensive. Might have to drive a little to get a good price!

thanks again.

BTB

4. Milford Music in Milford.

Milford Music Studios
    189 Bridgeport Avenue, Milford, CT 06460
    (203) 783-9828

Pro Studio cat manages the place. More Bag End. Bergitino, Eden, Aguilar etc. gear then you can shake a 9 string bass at.

Ask for Mike tell him what you are looking for, he seems to be able to get most anything.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    oh yea,

Milly's a great place too, and Mike's a good guy.

6. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Just to throw a trip west into the mix...

Guitar-Villa is only about 20 minutes past P-Burg. Right off 22 in Nazareth. John at GV always has the BagEnds that I use, as well as Edens, Bergantinos, Aguilars, Ampegs. I think it may be worth the trip in a pinch.

There's also Dave Phillips Music and Sound in Flemmington and P-Burg, but I don't shop there.

Closer to you is a Guitar Center on 22 right around the Kennilworth area. They have the same stuff you'd expect at SamAsh type places.

7. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Thanks everyone.

I called Dave Phillips in Flemington, and they have new Eden's for $550 (2x10) and $450 (1x15). good price?..can I find used for much cheaper?

I'll try that place in Milford today.

BTB

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hmm...

i've seen slightly better, but from places far off that have online storefronts.