1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TB'rs thoughts on the Lakland 55-02

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Oct 25, 2018.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    How do the TB pros feel about the Lakland 55-02? I'm very close to totwo Guitar Center's Guitar Centers and one Sam Ash music store in my area, but none of those stores carry Lakeand Basses; unless they get a used one in. Until I can get to a store that sells them, I'd like to know what the TB guys (that have/had one), think about this Lakland 55-01? Of course I like the way that it looks, but the only time I've actually heard one, was on YouTube videos, and in the majority of the videos, the Bass sounds really good, sounds like a very versatile Bass. I also like the fact that it has a 35 in scale and claims to have a really tight sounding B string, and the pricing isn't too too bad. So what do you guys think? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. I owned a Lakland 55-94D a long time ago....it had the Bartolini pickups and preamp. Loved it but unfortunately sold due to varying reasons. Just now getting back into the bass game and bought a 2018 55-02D with the new Lakland pickups and LH3 preamp. I will let you know but from what I've been told the majority of people find the Lakland setup just a bit brighter than the Barts and will cut through a mix better....

I will say that the 55-02 is manufactured with the same hardware and electronics as the USA made 55-94 and is sent from Indonesia to Chicago to be finished, then shipped to dealers. A great value by all accounts.