1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC BG250 Issue Right Out of the Box

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Clark Westfield, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    I took advantage of Guitar Centers clearance price on a BG250 yesterday.

Took it out of the box and plugged a Jazz bass in and something is not right with the amp.

It appears the tube drive fuzz is on regardless of knob position and selection.

I spoke with a manager, and they are getting me another amp.

Anybody see this or any other issues with this amp?

Should I be hesitant with the next one?

2. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Never heard that one before. So the light would turn on and off when you pressed the Tubedrive button but the sound didn't change? Where did you have the gain control set? Did you try another bass? Another cable?

3. I don't recall seeing that one either. The problems seem to have been immediate death (all lights on, but no one home), a clunking/thumping sound on moving/tilting it, loose screws, tweeter not working (although these could have been differences in expectations and actual operation, with the treble boost/dynamic frequency adjustment being particularly subtle with some basses).

Be hesitant? I don't know...I'd say throw the towel in early, or jump in with both feet. Life's too short to spend too much time in between.

4. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    Went to Guitar Center and returned the amp.

Nothing wrong on my end.

Something was just mismanufactured within the amp.

Played through a floor model which sounded great.

The manager told me this was the first in almost 200 sales with this specific issue.

Possibly built on a Friday.

New one is on the way.