1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC BH 500 and gallien krueger 212MBE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andyp13, May 17, 2011.

1. andyp13

andyp13

May 17, 2011
    Hi guys, hope someone can help.
    I was thinking about getting the TC BH500 amp along with the BC212 & BC210 cabs. Though I am slightly concerned about the 250 watt rating, however- I have been reading about the GK MBE series of cabs (they are even lighter than the TC's), a little more expensive but they have a much higher watt rating for their 212 & 210 cabs.... So my questions are.....
    1. Would the BH500 work ok with the GK cabs.
    2. Do the GK cabs have an in and output on the back, as the BH500 only has one out? and if they don't have an output, is there anything I can do or do I need to look for a different amp.

Hope you can help
    Kind regards :meh:
    Andy

2. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    BH 500 makes 500w at 4ohm. BC12 and BC10 both have 250w at 8ohm. If you connect them you get 500w handling at 4 ohm, which is perfect for BH 500 :) no need for anything else :D

3. Hi

My first post TB so excuse me if I do something wrong.

I have just bought a 212MBE to go with a GK MB500 head. The cab does not have in and out ... there are only two inputs: speakon and jack.

The MB500 head has two outputs and when I have saved a little more money I will buy another 212MBE cab :)

Best

4. Hi

I am totally new on TB and I think I just made the mistake of sending my reply to this thread as a message to an individual and not as a proper reply.

Anyway: I have just a few days ago bought a 212MBE cab and it does not have input and output. Only speakon and jack inputs.

I use the cab with a GK MB500 head and very pleased with the combination.

The MB500 has two outputs and I may at some point get an additional cab.

Best,
    Claus

5. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

May 3, 2010
    Correct, I use two BC212 8 ohm cabs with my BH500 and its spot on, I have thought about an MBE 410 4ohm cab to use with my BH500 but no real gain apart from one cab not two, one thing to note though-the TC cabs are lined and braced ;):D .
    A GK MBE 212 4 ohm would give 600 watts and that would be a nice light set up, that would be good, one light cab and max power .

I have seen the MBE 212 4 ohm rated at 400 Watts on one web site yet GK state 600 Watts, I presume GK are correct, can any owners please clarify as I am thikning about an MBE 212 4 ohm for those occasions when I dont want two cabs .

6. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I just bought BH500 and use it along with a Carvin BRX2.10 rated for 600 Watts and 4 ohms. I've only had it a few days. So far... it sounds nice and I'm very happy. Very punchy and quite versatile and easy to use tone wise. we'll see how it looks after I've had the chance to live with it a while.

To answer your questions I think as long as you keep the impedance in line you should be OK. Although, I'm curious as to why you can mix and match cabinets as long as you only use TC cabinets according to TC Electronics? Do TC Cabs have some sort of impedance matching circuit?

7. Exactly Andy. I have the BH500 as well. I was told yesterday by a very respected source, that the BH head is really only 325watts. I use it with a 4 Ohm Avatar 410NEO (I'd rather have a vertical stack of 2 x 210s or 2 x 212s or one of each, vertically).

Interested in the TC BC combinations, but am tending toward a Barefaced cab of some kind. Will just take longer to save for it, I'm a family man don'cha know...

8. I have this head too, but to use both my cabs I have to use a speakon splitter cable since the amp only has the one output, and my cabs only have one input each. It's a little inconvenient, but it's a great head for a small budget. Very loud, suits all kinds of music, very versatile (at least I think so).

9. loprovideo

loprovideo

Dec 25, 2008
    just a tip, i have this head (BH500) and use it with a Fender Rumble 410, and the sound is awesome!!(both rated at 500 watts @4 ohms, perfect match) i love this amp! and on a budget its great stuff! i roll perfectly with my guitar player, which in the past, he would smother me, but this combo(Head and Cab) is perfect for me!! both ran me under 750! great deal for an impressive 500 watt monster!!!
    originally, i was looking to downsize from my GK GoldLine 500 with 2 GK 410 cabs, tanks!! Heavy!! (mind you, this TC BH500 head kills the GK Goldline head bar none!!!)
    So after doing so with my setup now, im loving it!!! Dont be afraid to buy a Fender Rumble 4-10" cab!! They sound excellent for the money!!! and make my TC BH500 SING!!
    shoot me a question if you have any about this Head or Cab! i'll be happy to answer!
    thanks fellas!!