1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD TC BH550 Amp Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by honeyiscool, Mar 5, 2018.

1. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Price:
    28660681_10104637953485831_6079767545995329536_o.jpg

Price includes shipping to Continental USA.

I've had this BH550 amp for a bit, along with the BH800. This has been the amp that stays in the practice room, while the BH800 stayed in my performing gig bag. I then thought about this arrangement and thought it's a bit excessive to just have two of the same amp, so I'm selling this one, and perhaps I can try another flavor of bass amp, or maybe just keep the money. Regardless...

There are some cosmetic imperfections, like the paint job is clearly not mint. But the amp works great. Has a tuner and TonePrint effects built-in. I don't have the original product box, so this will just ship in a box by itself with a power cable.

2. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Price reduction!

3. brlottermann

brlottermann

May 14, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Hey, I'm really interested in this head. Is it still available, and if so, is shipping to the East Coast a problem? Thanks, Brian L.

4. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    No, not at all. Micro heads are easy to ship.

5. CTBassGuy

CTBassGuy

Feb 3, 2018
    Danbury, CT
    Hey honeyiscool, quick question about the BH800 vs BH550; do you experience more “heft” in the tone of the 800 vs 550?

I’m considering upgrading my BH250, as I now have a 600w-capable V4 (replaced speakers) and an 800w svt810. Started out interested in the BH800 mostly, but if the 550 seems to be a better bang for the buck...

6. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I've never really noticed a difference between the way that the BH550 and the BH800 sounds. Heck, I don't even notice that the BH800 is louder, probably because who runs at 800W RMS? I just kept the BH800 instead of the BH550 because they're exactly the same size and weight and it makes sense to keep the BH800 because, who knows, I might need the wattage some day.

CTBassGuy likes this.
  7. CTBassGuy

CTBassGuy

Feb 3, 2018
    Danbury, CT
    PM'd

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021