1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronic Afterglow Chorus Pedal (First Post)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by notremid, Mar 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. notremid

notremid

Mar 11, 2021
    Vancouver
    Hello, fellow low-enders!

This is my first post here on TalkBass. I am interested in getting a not-so-crazy priced chorus pedal (50-75 Canadian Dollars). The TC Electronic Afterglow is so far in the lead for my choice at 50 CAD. But Joyo, Donner, Mooer and Benringer also make some chorus pedals (although not all of them specifically for bass)

I am interested in the New Order, The Cure, A Place to Bury Strangers etc. Will be using it pretty subtly to widen/thicken the sound. Preferable one with a mix knob to dial in the amount of chorus I want.

My signal chain currently is a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass (all stock parts, 4 string passive)- Snark Tuner- MXR Dynacomp- Proco RAT 2- Tech 21 VT Bass DI, all powered One-spot.

Does anyone have any experience using the TC Electronic Afterglow on bass? Also any other pedals in the price range I missed (which are not super hard to find)?

Thank you!

2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    The Boss bass chorus is solid and easy to use at a good price. Especially used. They are hard to break.

3. MynameisMe

MynameisMe These aren't the effects you're looking for... Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Florida
    Ehx purple chorus pedal is pretty ok. Middle of the road.
    Can be had for $ 50- 75 here on TB.

4. ruju

ruju

Dec 9, 2017
    Ontario,Canada
    Save up a bit more for the TC corona chorus. Then you will have a bunch of options in one pedal. Plus, there's some really good toneprints you can use.
    Highly recommend

5. Kestrel

Kestrel

Sep 21, 2009
    If the New Order sound is what you’re after, get yourself the Electro-Harmonix Bass Clone. Inexpensive and the closest thing you can get in tone to the original 70’s Clone Theory chorus pedals that Hooky uses.

stambroker likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021