TC Electronic BAM200 Quick impressions

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by nogbert, May 7, 2019.

1. nogbert

nogbert

Jul 18, 2010
    Denver, CO
    So on a lark I ordered one of these heads because I'm always searching for a more portable rig. My S3 clarus works beautifully but I'm still searching for a backpack to accommodate it and the upshot speaker that doesn't cost $100; the official AI backpack works, but its not an ideal fit/I'm unsure of its durability when pushed to its limits as it would be with the older clarus models. I digress.

The head came today and I am pleasantly surprised with its performance for DB. plenty of volume and it was easy enough to EQ a transparent sound I liked. I'm running with a realist lifeline and plugging direct in works well, although I liked the sound a lot more with a HPF in front to kill some of the sub-bass mud.

the biggest take away is that this thing is TINY!
    IMG_0192[1].JPG IMG_0194[1].JPG

All and all I'm very impressed for $150.

2. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard Commercial User

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    Black Dog Bass Works
    That pic really shows the difference!
    Does it seem to add any compression?

3. nogbert

nogbert

Jul 18, 2010
    Denver, CO
    none that I can hear... although i would be the first to admit i am not super familiar with compression and their aural characteristics. I don't notice any "shelving" or strange attack response like i have had in the past using compressors on BG

Zbysek likes this.
  4. Glad to hear that this works well for upright! I've been thinking about ordering one, but I'm torn between the BAM200 and the BQ500, which is now selling for $199!

5. I have to agree with the OP. I just plugged a new BAM200 into my upshot. It is a great sound. Perfect setup for low volume gigs. Top notch and light!

Elias86 and nogbert like this.
  6. nogbert

nogbert

Jul 18, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I am frankly shocked at how loud it gets with the upshot considering it's "only" 200W, and the upshot isnt meant to be a "blow you away" loud speaker.

Elias86 and MDrost1 like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022