1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Electronic bc410 4ohm or GK MBE410 8ohm

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperRich, Aug 6, 2012.

1. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    I'm interested in which one will be a better all round cab?

I like the idea of a light 8ohm cab so I can maybe add another one later if I need too, but Iv seen some things about the MBE im not sure on. it is VERY light, and Very small. its also a sealed cab which is new to me.. and iv read on here its frequency response is around 80hz? wouldnt this be to high?

i know the TC electronic cab is good but then id be missing the chance to add another cab as its only a 4ohm.

atm I have a peavey tvx410 which is a huge cab compared to the MBE

no music shops around me have the MBE or id go and try one.

2. Do you like the sound of your ported Peavey? If so then a sealed cab might not be the way to go. You just have to find one and try it.

That said, a 4 Ohm 410 is a no go for me. I want the option to add a second cab.

3. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    yeah like the idea of being able to add more.

yeah I do like the sound of it. its so smooth and deep but far to heavy to be a realistic practical cab,

in which way do sealed cab sound different to ported cabs?

4. I used to have a 410 TVX, they are very heavy but do sound good.

A sealed cab is going to have a much steeper roll off in the lows. They are not going to have that deep feel that your TVX does.

5. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    anyone else got opinions ?

6. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    Get a Genz Shuttlemax 12, then you can run 2 4 Ohm cabs. And, you're welcome. :)