1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Electronic bc410 vs Peavey tvx410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperRich, Aug 4, 2012.

1. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    I reallly want people opinions on the bc410. Iv looked around the site and I cant really find much of an opinion on it.

I own a TVX410 but its just so damn heavy. I bought it as it was a cheap 8ohm cab I would i could add too if needed. I didnt even consider how impractical it would be, theres no way I could add another cab.

so im looking to get rid of that and want a light 4ohm cab with power rating at 500 or over so the bc410 seems great!

but I cant test it. so opinions pleeeeeeeease!

2. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    no one has ANY comments? has no one played a bc410!?

3. It appears there's just not too many of them out there in the tb community. It seems to have a good form factor (as much as they vary for 410's) and good weight. There was a comment or two I noticed recently.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/tc-electronics-bc410-727784/

The last post has one person's high opinion.

4. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    good form factor?

yeah I saw that. was hoping for more oppinions. no luck lol.

I think im going to sacrifice the smooth low end of the tvx for the weight of the bc410.

no point having a bass rig I cant move.

5. Form factor...I guess I'm using a connotation...

I mean that the dimensions and configuration appear to work well for portability. This is as opposed to dimensions or placement of handles, kickback wheels that actually work to make a cabinet seem heavier than it is.

How much does a TVX weigh? How deep is it?

How much are you looking to spend?

6. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    ah right!

erm the tvx is 53 kgs and and 19.4 deep

wanna spend around 350

7. IMVHO, go for it. The amount you're looking to spend really places limits on what you can do.

The BC410 is almost cutting your weight in half and a few inches off of the size. I guess I'd question what is it that you think you might be able to learn about the BC410 that would take it out of consideration for you?

8. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I have the BC 410 and it was great with my TC bh500 head, sounds even better with my SVT Classic...I am going to sell mine to fund a ampeg 4x10, but not because the BC is not good, I just want that all around ampeg tone! Oh, and it is very very light compared to other 410's

9. SuperRich

SuperRich

Jul 19, 2012
    well I wanted to know if it was a decent cab. and how it would compared to the Peavey. sound wise.

but yeah I think im going to go for ittt. as its ment to sound good and weights loads less! :D

10. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I never played a peavy, but I did have an ampeg 410he and the TC sounds a lot tighter and focused IMO...

11. tooltard

tooltard

Sep 11, 2008
    Ordered myself a bc410 tonight and I'm super excited to run my Hartke 3500 through it! It's been a great month for gear :)