1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Electronic BG250 Amp Settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ppiluk, Apr 2, 2018.

1. So I recently picked up a used TC Electronic BG250-210 and love it but am finding it a little confusing. The tone stack has me slightly confused and was wondering if any of you have a suggestion or two for the settings. I pretty much play anything but currently have a focus on Jazz and classic rock sounds.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. I had a BG250-115 for a while...mostly positive. Not that I can remember anything specific, personally, I think "settings" are such an individual thing that my suggestion (not to be dismissive) would be to just spend some time with the amp and get yourself "unconfused" :)

Another thing...I notice you have a Zoom B3n. I have the B3 and found that I could can get some great rock tones running an amp sim into the BG. Probably best to turn off the cab sim, but I found out by accident that the common knowledge that cab sims are trouble with non-flat response bass cabinets wasn't really the case, at least with the 115.

Anyway, I found a great interaction between the BG and the SVT and SWR sims. You have the pedal; check it out.

3. fatNfunky

fatNfunky

Jan 31, 2012
    I own the TC Electronic BG250-210, I find the tone controls VERY sensitive. Moving them only a little affects the sound A LOT.

as for the tone print ? I don't find a need for it, the combo sounds good (nice clean strong bass) without needing any effect imo.

ppiluk likes this.
  4. but
    Thanks for the reply, I am finding this amp sensitive as well. I rarely use the toneprints but there are a couple I have liked.