1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronic BG250

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CBNJ, Nov 5, 2013.

1. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm starting to regret choosing this over the Ampeg BA 115. I originally chose to because it was half the weight, twice the wattage - but I'm not really happy with the tone. Maybe it's just the bass I'm using? I went to Alto today and the Ampeg had low end for days, while I'm struggling to get any decent sound out of the BG250 - everything sounds flat. I'm totally uninspired while playing through it. When I bought it, I bought a floor model for a discounted price. Could there be some issues that are finally coming out now, 2-3 months later? :scowl::spit:

2. No the honeymoon is just over. The bells and whistle toys enticement is gone. IMHO of course, the BA115 just plays better.

3. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I thought so too, but I got sucked into the extra power/lighter weight. :ninja:

4. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Thank you for this post. I was considering the older BG250 for Christmas. I'll keep my options open. An Ampeg is likely first on my list. I've always been a fan of their sound.

5. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    I just purchased a BG250 version 1 last week And I love it.

My guitar players studio has an Ampeg 115 and I like the tone and volume of the TC better. Love the tube drive, the tone print has not been utilized yet.

The Ampeg is muddy compared to the BG.

Plus I like the volume because my guitarist really, really likes it loud.

Now the pissing match is over. 5 on the volume is all it takes to now be equal.