1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tc electronic bg500/115 @ GC el toro

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by landru64, Jan 1, 2012.

1. landru64

landru64 Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2005
    just saw it today. $349 on clearance. list is 999.

2. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    A lot of bad reviews...b careful

3. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    They’re great combos, and a steal at that price. Solid, dependable, loud, great-sounding, and packed with quality, usable features.

Apparently many of the clearanced ones were with small defects, mostly the little plastic preset buttons weren’t properly designed or installed.

Some buyers shook it off or fixed them, some contacted TC and were sent new ones. A few who were initially impressed with the combo suddenly went into a tizzy over it and started imagining all kinds of potential design/engineering defects (as though whoever was responsible for those little plastic buttons designed the major components)…

Suddenly the weight became too much (big 70lbs), it didn’t come with wheels… one complained that the on/off button didn't switch in the direction he thought it should... so some got returned, and I guess some other lucky person got the deal.

Well, the defect on mine is a little dent in the center of the speaker cone… at that price I can handle that. I also can handle the 70 lbs but put casters on it anyway (many of us can do stuff like that), and I’ve been gigging this little monster since with great results.