1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronic Cab Choice: RS112 or BC212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rexspangle, Oct 6, 2013.

1. I have a TC Electronic BH250 head. Depending on how stuff goes I may upgrade to a higher powered head and/or add a second cab but I am not even close to being there.

As of now the main use is home practicing & jamming. This is a hobby and my budget is limited.

I can get an RS112 for a tiny bit less money than a BC212 and it is a toss up for me. I am so torn for numerous reasons...

so many angles, convince me?

2. You can make a lot of noise in your house with a good 112, I use a EA Wizzy 112 it does the job easy. A 212 will be killer loud.

I have an older Schroeder 1210 Cab it's really loud, it's advertized to be as loud as a 410 I think that is somewhat true but it doesn't move as much air.

I also did a lot of gigging in the past I used Hartke 112 Kickback and it did a good job for jamming and small/mid halls. The BG250 will do the job no problem.

My vote is 112, 212 is overkill from what you described.

3. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

Sep 11, 2012
    Chicago
    Yeah.. I'd say 1x12 will be more than enough for home practice or even quiet to medium volume band practice.

Heck, I'm really looking at the new TCE 2x8 combo they just released. It would be perfect for my home practice and backyard quiet practices. ( back patio stuff ). And it ( unlike my BG250 ) has 1 extra speaker output if you need it.

4. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    This is a tossup between maybe a little bit more volume vs much better tone. The BC212 might move a bit more air because it has twice as many speakers, so it could be louder than the RS112. But, the RS112 will almost undoubtedly sound tonally far superior to the BC, and because it's a better cab there's no guarantee the volume difference between these two would even be perceptible.

So for home use this is a no-brainer, especially considering the RS112 is cheaper. The only truly great thing about the BC cabs is the price point and it seems you've got this trumped.

If you need to get out and about, jam with a loud band or gig on a large stage neither will do, so you might as well just have the cab that will take up less space and sound better until such a time arises.

5. Thanks everyone that is really helpful. I have settled on the 112. Have nice night :)