1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronic cabs with Gk 700rbII.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Darko74, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Darko74

Darko74

May 18, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    Im thinking of buying the 2 TC Electronic cabs the RS 212 and RS210 to use with my Gallien kruegar 700rbII.

Anyone tryed this combination? I might have to buy them blind as i can only purchase cabs online but have heard good reports. Im looking for a warm full sound. i also use a sansamp bddi and ebs multicomp.

Also should i use speakon cables if i get the cabs?

2. Darko74

Darko74

May 18, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    ?

3. My guess is, very few have tried or considered that pairing. Given what I know of the RH450, and my experience with the GK tone, it would work fine.

That being said, the new GK Neo cabs are getting very good reviews. They would be lighter, and you could use the biamp tweeter thing. IMO there.

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I haven't tried that amp, but I know it well. Tonally it would probably sound great, but...

I wouldn't do it unless you only want to stack the cabs horizontally, and the cabs are not unique enough in their tone or performance, nor light enough in weight, to justify that IMO. Unless you just LOVE the look of them, I'd look elsewhere.

Now if you want to stack them vertically, and have a micro head to put on top, then they are absolutely worth consideration. But with the rig you have, that's going to look really strange and be very unstable.