TC Electronic Ditto Bad?/Good simple looper pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by korndogg524, Nov 21, 2017.

1. korndogg524

korndogg524

Jul 16, 2016
    Hello all, I was recently thinking about getting a looper pedal for some live playing something simple like the Ditto just small and very easy to use, but I've since heard some kinda bad stuff about TC Electronic that their pedals crap out after a short while or develop problems. Has anyone ever had/heard about this? Also what are some other simple looper pedals I could look into, many of them look too big and often too many possibilities and expensive for what I'm looking for. Thanks for any help!

2. lfmn16

lfmn16 Inactive

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    I think I'm in the minority, but I did not like the Ditto Looper X2 pedals that I had. I was constantly having to reset them manually. I'd never buy another TC Electronic product again. YMMV

k.graz likes this.
  3. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    My board now has 6 TCE pedals. I haven’t had a single issue with any one of them.

The problem with the internet when searching a company for problems, is the squeaky-wheel syndrome.

TCE makes thousands of pedals every year. Components WILL fail. When you’re dealing with the numbers that they are, it’s inevitable. And when they do, the owner tends to jump online, and rip the company to shreds. However, the hundreds of thousands of people using their stuff without issue tend to happily remain silent.

I have the Ditto mini pedal, and have no problems with it - it does exactly what TCE says it does, and it does it flawlessly.

4. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    Digitech Jamman Express. I liked it better than my mini Ditto...just seemed a little easier to use because of the LED's. I ended up getting the more advanced Jamman Solo XT so I could save loops but the Jamman Express is cheap and easy to use.

Ym7QDHX.jpg

gregmon79 likes this.
  5. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I had the first one that came out, the little mini one. And while the functionality of It was great, I felt it degraded my signal. And the loop felt dark to me.

I had a Wally looper by Hotone for a while. It may have just been mine, and I didn't realize it at first, but it had some tone suck going on. Great little looper though with some cool features.

If I were you I would go with a Jamman. I hear nothing but good to great things about them always.

6. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I have one but it's taken out of the line by a single "loop" switch because you turn the volume down and your whole line goes down too, can't be having that! I use if for it's pitch changing ability which was the essential part of the old Digitech PDS8000 it replaced. that was much more hiss and had poor bypass, but the best interface in a looping delay I ever used.

gregmon79 likes this.
  7. gregmon79 likes this.
  8. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I have the DOD PDS 20/20 and its kinda jacked. I'm going to be sending it an electronics genius who happens to be a big fan of the pedal himself so I'll have it back in a few months after the holidays. It should be awesome. I had my Wally in a loop too when I used it. But when I used it on it's own I was like "WOW" that is some tone suck. Fun little pedal though.

9. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    By jacked do you mean stolen? no, all souped up? maybe not. malfunctioning? I never heard that definition of jacked before. It also means being high or on uppers. not that? There are all kinds of malfunctions that could happen to the PDS series. I have 2 PDS2000, one not working because I turned something inside the pedal that sounded ok at first but then a further turn went down some alleyway to non functional. They are a industrial groove machine when working.

10. While not common, I've heard "jacked" used from time-to-time in the context Gregmon79 used it... have used it myself a few times in a similar context.