1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronic G-Force

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by stoneboy26, Oct 20, 2009.

1. stoneboy26

stoneboy26

Jul 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Thump Music
    Hey Justin - hope you and your family are doing well. Just picked up a G-Force for a great price to cover most of my FX needs - but given you ran this in your NIN rig - I was wondering if you had any cool settings that you can remember that you feel like sharing?

Not too fussed on what - whether delays or filters or something, just keen to hear from another bass player that used one....

Cheers
    Dan

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    That unit is great for assigning multiple parameters to one controller. With NIN, I'd use it for things like having a MIDI foot pedal control the opening of a filter as you sweep down, while in the same motion, a very big reverb goes from huge to dry, an octave-up pitch effect goes from dry to wet, and a dark and quiet delay goes from slow to fast with feedback going from long to short. STuff like that is possible with that jammy. It really sounds quite good to. The EQ doesn't sound that great, but the digital effect type stuff is strong.

J

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Interesting I can do that with the M13 you've just inspired me :D most likely to blow speakers up but still it's inspiration :D

4. stoneboy26

stoneboy26

Jul 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Thump Music
    Cheers mate - I will have a play around with it once it arrives. I have an expression pedal ordered too that will run via my Ground Control Pro so I can do all that kinda stuff.

Not really planning on using the EQ at all - just really got it for the FX :)