1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Electronic "Röttweiler" Distortion - Bass Demo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fasto, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Yeah, Excane is great. He frequently uploads a load of comparison videos (I guess there will be some with this pedal soon).

2. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    its really good for bass, tried it at Dawsons in Huddersfield before and it sounded killer! doesn't rob the lows

3. I havent watched Excane's demo but i've tried the rottweiler a few times on bass and didnt love it for that particular application - however check out the MojoMojo for a cool bass OD.

4. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    Why is it called the "root weiler"?

5. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    personal taste isn't it

6. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    sounds like a Big Muff with more options

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Sounds pretty cool on bass. personally I like how the pedal sounded when the bass control turned up and the treble control is turned down a little bit. it give the distortion a smooth heavy sound. seems like a great pedal to buy if you're into heavy bass distortion. the t.c electronic dark matter distortion is another distortion pedal that sounds pretty cool on bass.

TC ELECTRONIC DARK MATTER DISTORTION Bass Demo by BassTheWorld.com - YouTube

8. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Haven't tried the Rottweiler but I owned the Dark Matter for a while, I loved the video demo and the pedal sounded really good on it's own, however once in a band setting there was a bit too much low end loss for me, even with the bass knob dialed in full.

I returned it after giving it a shot on a couple of gigs and picked up the Xotic BB Bass Preamp instead.

9. TussinBot.

TussinBot.

Aug 21, 2010
    Burbank, Ca
    dooo want

10. Viscera_Eyes

Viscera_Eyes

Oct 27, 2008
    Sounded better than I thought it would. Kind of interested.

11. yes.. the best way to demo a pedal is to keep the gain all the way up the entire time ::rollno::

12. DonBorelli

DonBorelli

Feb 1, 2009
    I think this a better demo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK9CeoAeMKs

It can also do some VERY cool and "mild" distorted tones if you lower the output from your bass.
    I think it's WAAAY better than some of the numerous ****** guitar distortion pedals that people praise in here. Metal Muff, I'm looking at you!:scowl:

13. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I tried the MojoMojo and Dark Matter...too much low end loss. Didn't try the Rottweiler though.

14. DonBorelli

DonBorelli

Feb 1, 2009
    The Rottweiler has plenty of lowend on tap.

But like I said before - you might wanna tame it a bit with a compressor pedal (like I do) or a EQ pedal where you lower the signal going into the Rottweiler. But then it's pure bliss!

Sounds just as thick and meaty as a Blackstar DistX (which is also great for bass!)

15. DonBorelli

DonBorelli

Feb 1, 2009
    ..oh yeah and AVOID the mid scoop function. Mids are our friend, mmkay?