1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronic RH450 Tuner sucks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sricabla, Oct 27, 2013.

1. sricabla

sricabla

Jul 4, 2003
    San Francisco
    Is it only me that I have a hard time tuning my bass with the RH 450 Tuner. That "O" is so elusive and it's so unintuitive
    when you tune. Am I doing something wrong? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

2. Don't blend pickups, if passive go full treble. But that is standard for any tuner, I haven't used the TCE.

3. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    If I recall correctly (it's been a while since the RH450 came out), the resolution of tuner that's built into the foot pedal for the RH amps is finer than the tuner display built into the amp. If you don't have the foot pedal, try tuning to harmonics.

4. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    Put the mute on and look at the LEDs around the bass knob, They will show you how close you are to the O

5. RTFM :p

For easy accurate tuning, press mute.
    Then the tuning display changes and it's very easy as the resolution increases.
    That's the normal tuning mode.
    The other is essentially a display for what notes you're playing.

BrBss likes this.
  6. The tuner has been nothing but great for me!

BrBss likes this.
  7. sricabla

sricabla

Jul 4, 2003
    San Francisco
    Thanks guys and/or gals! I forgot all about the mute function. I put on a new set of strings and they needed to stretch a bit.

8. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    The tuner is slick.
    The "O" point is very sensitive though.
    Mute tuning is the way to go.

9. As mentioned, use the mute function. Also, I have found that with my multi-p/u basses, using the bridge p/u with the treble cranked seems to give me a better response from the tuner. Always tune up to pitch, not down to pitch.
    Fishheadjoe