1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronic RS112 in stock (FINALLY!!)

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, May 4, 2010.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music

I ordered several RS112 cabs quite a while back, and I've been seeing other dealers moving 'em... Finally, my first shipment has arrived!

I haven't taken one out yet to try it, but I believe Joe has some real world feedback he can share.

All I can say for sure right now is that the tab is tiny, it's light, and it's pretty inexpensive. I'll report back later on how it actually sounds. I expect good things.

2. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    Greg,
    I'd really be interested in how it sounds with the GB Shuttle 6.0. Kind of the ultimate super compact rig.:D

3. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Nice sounding cabinet!

I was shocked at the clean low end that this little cabinet can pump out!
    I need to try it with some different heads though (other than the TC RH450). It doesn't have a lot of high end when used with the RH450 but I believe that's more a bi-product of the RH450, which is a fairly dark sounding amp.

I ended up trading my TC gear with a local player for his Thunderfunk 550B/Berg 112 rig but I plan on getting together with him soon to try the Thunderfunk with the RS112. I'd be real curious to see how that would sound, especially compared to the orignal Berg HT-112.
    Obviously this cabinet would work better with one of the micro-heads, due to it's narrow width, unless you don't mind the head hanging over the edges of the cabinet or sitting sideways on the cabinet (or somewhere other than on top of the cabinet).

I'm betting that this cabinet would sound really nice with the GB Shuttle 9.0 (or 6.0 Dennis), based on the sound clips that I've heard (more highs than the TC RH450).

I eagerly await Greg's take on this little cabinet. He's got the ability to compare it to the Berg HT-112 ER and play the GB heads through it too!

4. Hey Greg, so what do you think of thislittle cab?

5. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    It's suprisingly nice! It's plenty beefy, should be a nice match with most of the light heads.

6. I have to say, the TC stuff is scratching where I itch! I was really digging that RS210 + RS112 set up this morning.