1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Electronic Spectracomp toneprints

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassinyoface, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Bassinyoface

Bassinyoface

Oct 24, 2018
    Hey all, first post...hello! I've played guitar for 20 years and have recently been playing a lot of bass in my band.

Just got a spectracomp, haven't really had a chance to play it, but I'm seeing certain toneprints (like the lowender) that I cannot access from the site, that do not show up in the app or the editor, via errors on the page. Where can I find them?

Also, playing a ray 34 (just got this too and have had no time to play it), a lowdown 750, ampeg hlf 410, sansamp bass driver, darkglass b3k, and the ehx silencer...what toneprint goes best with this setup in yall's opinion? I play metal.

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I use a Spectracomp with a bass driver/fuzz pedal as well. I've found it to be a really powerful pedal; alittle goes a long way! I've been using the Rockateer set about about 9 O'Clock. Seems to smooth things out while live without sucking too much dynamics, so the OD/fuzz pedals aren't just a brick wall of sounds and keep a little nuance. I play garage rock/indie rock, so not as heavy as metal. If you want to set the compressor to STUN, I bet that'd sound good with heavier guitars! And also help smooth out the on/off volume difference between pedals. I like keeping the dynamics (though so much of your dynamics are controlled by the old Right Hand Mk. I.